ghggp
Moderator
This morning I came downstairs at 6:30 which is late for me. Normally Logan wakes me up at 6:00 to go out. As I walked into the kitchen I noticed he was on the bathroom tile sound asleep. I let Baron and Beau out and went into the bathroom to wake Logan up. I knew something was wrong immediately. He could hardly stand and was really dull and weak. I got him on his feet and asked him to go out and he could not manage to walk. So, I carried him out. He peed and came back in. I gave him breakfast and he walked away. He would not touch his food. I thought if I hand feed him he might eat. I got about 5 oz in him before he refused any more food.
I called my regular vet and explained how concerned I was and they said to soonest they could get us in would be Friday. There was no way I was going to accept that. I called the vet that I have for Baron and Beau. They said to bring him in right away.
I had a vet visit a month earlier and he prescribed some antibiotics as his staph infection flared up on his belly. Otherwise, he said he looks fine. I ask him to do blood work and he said we did not need to until September.
Well, today we did an X-Ray and Blood Work...
The results were not promising. I was so shocked at the diagnosis!
Logan is now in full kidney failure. His BUN and PHOS were so high they did not register on the chart! He is anemic and has bladder and kidney stones too! The x-ray showed his liver was 3 x the size of a normal liver. The vet recommended that he remain in the hospital with IV fluids to flush his system for at least three days. If he rally's, and that was a big if, we might only have 3-6 months left with him. He said had I waited until Friday to take action to help him he would have died!
I just can't believe this is happening... Please pray for my dear sweet Logan.

I called my regular vet and explained how concerned I was and they said to soonest they could get us in would be Friday. There was no way I was going to accept that. I called the vet that I have for Baron and Beau. They said to bring him in right away.
I had a vet visit a month earlier and he prescribed some antibiotics as his staph infection flared up on his belly. Otherwise, he said he looks fine. I ask him to do blood work and he said we did not need to until September.
Well, today we did an X-Ray and Blood Work...
The results were not promising. I was so shocked at the diagnosis!
Logan is now in full kidney failure. His BUN and PHOS were so high they did not register on the chart! He is anemic and has bladder and kidney stones too! The x-ray showed his liver was 3 x the size of a normal liver. The vet recommended that he remain in the hospital with IV fluids to flush his system for at least three days. If he rally's, and that was a big if, we might only have 3-6 months left with him. He said had I waited until Friday to take action to help him he would have died!
I just can't believe this is happening... Please pray for my dear sweet Logan.


