Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Prayers Needed and a Warning

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Pam, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    So Beau is car reactive, and sometimes jumps at the living room window for really noisy, big cars or trucks outside. Today he jumped and went through the window. My heart is very scared for him. He suffered a long slice from the glass that cut through an artery, muscle and tendon. During surgery to close the wound he apparently aspirated blood through the intubation line. He currently has low blood pressure, large loss of blood, surgery to close the wound to heal from and signs of aspiration pneumonia--and it all happened in one split second jump at the window.

Please make sure if your dogs bark at the window and "sometimes" jump that the window is protected from any possible breakage--I kept meaning to do that but figured he didn't jump often so...

And please, please keep Beau in your prayers tonight as his body tries to heal.

Jams and Piper's mom like this.
  2. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Of course you all have my prayers. My son (human) once did something similar -- he was practicing "karate" kicks against the wall and is leg went right through the window, cutting his leg down to the bone. Doc said if it had been a millimeter to one side it would have cut his femoral artery. He was 12 at the time, so I'm sure Beau has more sense when it comes to recovering.

3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

My thoughts are with you during this very long night. I hope Beau is home recuperating with you soon!

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Oh my goodness Pam...my thoughts and prayers are with you and Beau. :fl Fingers crossed that Beau recovers quickly from this.:hugs

5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    OMG, that is so awful! Please Lord help Beau tonight.

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh Gosh poor little Beau, and how scary for you. My thoughts are with him. It's going to be a tough time for you too, not having little Beau home.

Deska went for a window when he was younger during a thunder storm. Thankfully the seal around my windows was disintegrated and he only cracked the glass in the corner and pushed the glass a out of the frame on that one side.

7. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Poor, poor little Beau and you too.

Minnie and I send many good thoughts to your little Beau and everything is going well.

Yes, our fur babies are like children (luckily a little easier:wink2:) we must be at the forefront of the situation all the time.

Fortunately Minnie is used to noise from heavy traffic, so we do not have that problem.

Hope you can take him to your arms soon :hugs

8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Oh Pam, how awful. I'm praying that Beau recovers and is back with you soon. My dogs jump at the windows too so I know what you mean. When we replaced our windows we had tempered glass installed so they can't push through them. I've always worried about that happening. Sending you hugs and prayers for Beau.

9. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Oh my gosh, I never in a million years thought the shelties would be strong enough to break glass!!!!!! Keeping Beau in our prayers.....

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    me either- hope Beau recovers soon:fl