Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Prayers Please

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Ann, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I’m at the emergency vet with Flurry. She refused her dinner and seemed off so I took her temperature which was over 103. Normal for a dog is 99 - 102.5. I talked to my vet who said not to wait if it got to 104. When it hit 103.7 we came in. It will be at least 2 hours until we can see a vet. Please say a prayer for my little girl. It will be a long night.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I feel for you- hope that the vet can figure it out.......

Piper's mom and Ann like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So sorry Ann! Will pray for all of you. If you need anything.....

4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Praying it all works out just fine. :hugs:fl

5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    2 hrs! I remember waiting that long when Gavin was puking his guts out. Poor guy was sooo dehydrated by them time anyone looked at him and got him on fluids. I just wanted to yell at them 'he was much better when he got here. If you'd seen him earlier he wouldn't have needed the fluids'. Now I know to bring things to prepare for a long wait. I hope they at least give you ice packs....

hoping it's nothing serious....

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I hope you are in with the vet now.....

7. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Waiting and hoping to hear happy and positive news Ann! Prayers for you and Flurry.

8. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Regular

Sep 19, 2019
    Very sad to hear this, I know how frightening it is! I hope and pray it's something simple and fixable.

9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Thanks everyone. It was a long night but we're home and Flurry seems to be doing better. They tested her for all the obvious things...tickborne illness, pyo, etc., and everything was negative. They gave her subQ fluids to bring the temp down and we came home around 1 a.m. This morning her temp is down at least, and she ate a bit. My own vet has already called to see how she is, so if her temp goes up again today I'll get her in to them.

The ER vet's best guess is that she picked up a virus at the dog show over the weekend and it has to run its course. Not a comforting thought, since I'll need to keep an eye on the other dogs now too in case they get it. But today, so far so good. Hugs to all of you for caring!

RikyR, KarenCurtis, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG Ann, what a horrible scare for you and Flurry. So glad you are back home with her.
    Keep us posted on her progress! Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Ann and Piper's mom like this.