Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Presenting....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Ann, May 14, 2021.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Meet Misty! The newest addition to our herd, she is Checkers’ great great granddaughter. She is 10 months old and the happiest, most outgoing puppy I’ve ever seen. She loves plush toys and anything she deems chewable...pillow corners, furniture, towels, rugs, and definitely dog beds! It’s a good thing she’s gorgeous and lovable! She will make her debut in the show ring next month and we’re hard at work training for it. I met her when she was four weeks old and loved her then and I’m so excited to have her join our family.

3943F3D1-E57A-476B-B55D-700A756F1FA1.jpeg 408BBB7F-7A30-4840-ABEC-FD1F8C27D89D.jpeg

Wendy C, Darren, KarenCurtis and 9 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Ann, I am thrilled for you!!! Misty is beautiful and her relationship to your beloved Checkers only makes her more precious. What an exciting time you have ahead with your new show lass! :)
    Love and hugs to you both, Trini

Darren, KarenCurtis, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    And what a beauty Misty is! I’m so excited for you Ann but how do you do it lol!
    I can’t wait to hear how she does...we’re in another lockdown so no classes but hopefully in a few weeks that’ll change.

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow, what a stunning beauty! Misty looks right at home already. I don’t know how you do it! All your Shelties are spectacular! Good luck on the show circuit! Looking forward to lots of blue ribbons!

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    She is absolutely darling and looks pretty darn confident! I'm so happy you have another show prospect to have fun with. Meadow is Brooke's great-great granddaughter also, I totally understand how special that is for you to have a bit of Checkers in a new generation. Congratulations! Looking forward to lots of stories!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    congrats- Misty is gorgeous:yes:

7. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Wow--half a dozen gorgeous Shelties! Don't know how you do it.
    She's very pretty! Her blaze looks like a river running to the delta.

8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    oh my goodness!!! Congratulations both Ann and Misty!!! She is beautiful Ann!!! And so cool to be a relative of Checkers!!!

Details, details... when did she join your crew? How are the girls accepting her? How fun to have something young, fun and exciting join your household!

Can't wait to see more pics!

9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    She arrived this week. We were having some work done in the house and I didn't want to bring her home until that was over. The girls are doing OK! I am hoping she and Flurry will be playmates since no one plays with Flurry but so far, Misty is concentrating on systematically emptying EVERY toy in the toybox and strewing them around the house, in between looking for chew targets. She's fit seamlessly into the group and joins in the daily ball games like she's been here forever.

It was fascinating that she and Checkers were very interested in each other when she came home. I still find them giving each other the sniff-down periodically. It reminds me of the children's book my kids loved, "Are You My Mother?" where the little bird goes around asking all kinds of creatrures if they're related. I wonder if they sense a connection.

She is hands down the most joyful little dog I've ever seen. She is just happy and full of life, and fun to be around. She's taken to show training very well and socialization has been a breeze. She greets people happily on walks, wagging her tail, even people with walkers or strollers. I am so excited to have her!

10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Congrats!

Gosh - is that 6 now, how many girls? Where do you get the energy, and how do you walk 6 dogs - I struggle with 3.

Darren, KarenCurtis, Ann and 3 others like this.