Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Presidential Update

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Dec 12, 2020.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    So President Spitfire went to the vet (sadly she is leaving and going to Chicago so I will have to find a new vet). He got a clean bill of health for his term except fat and a urinary infection. After a couple of days of antibiotics and his continuing dieting (he is down almost 1lb) he has spunked up and is going wild. Still wears down as he is 9 but I can see I will be in trouble when he gets to 25lbs.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    A skinny Sheltie is a hungry Sheltie and things may get eaten that shouldn't! But we can't have a fat President who can't herd his constituents! Maybe some of them will sneak him cookies....

3. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Of all his 'challenges' Spitfire doesn't get into things, now Angus is half goat. He is more just running around grumbling. Had he not got named Spitfire he would have been Grumble as when he is in his happy place he grumbles.

Going to be fierce on the diet until I see at least 27's

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Ooooo probably hell to pay from Spitfire on starvation rations..... too bad your vet is leaving. You really build up a good relationship with a long time, trusted vet, and they know your pets well. Hopefully the replacement will also be good.

Piper's mom, ghggp and Sandy in CT like this.
  5. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    I was actually growing to dislike the office she was in more and more. Only reason I started to go there was she joined them. Their service has declined and prices have increased above the expensive before. I really liked that vet but the biggest reason was she was also a certified chiro for Sca. Angus and Spitfire don't need that now.

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Wow, Spitfire is 9.

Don't I recall them going on a diet a few months ago? Let's see how long it takes for them to wear you down. Those big brown eyes...

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh the woes of putting your Sheltie on a diet! Certainly a labor of love... not that they know it!

I have been working on my boys during the summer. More walks and less food!
    Progress so far...
    Beau 4, Baron 5, Liam 2

More to go!

Hanne, Piper's mom, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  8. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Our original vet semi-retired and we had concerns about finding another good vet but, fortunately for us, Willow loves the lady doc who replaced him. In fact, Willow loves the whole office as they all come out to fuss over her whenever she has to go in for her annual checkup.

Willow's weight was creeping up a bit so now we give her two-thirds of what the package says to feed, split between her mealtimes and give the other third as kibble rewards for good behavior or her being responsive to requests. If she wasn't walking five miles a day with me, she'd be a blimp eating as much as the package says to give her. I would be too if it wasn't for those walks. :)

9. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Angus is pretty much at weight now (he only needed a little). The orange tyrant was cut back even further from then as he was not losing (I was doing 3/4 3days a week he is now that everyday) Brown eyes be darned he is perking up just from the little he is down now. Oh and Angus has blue eyes and yes will give you adoring stares, Mom loved to talk to him and be stared at while petting him.

Piper's mom, Caro, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    and you didn't want a dog with blue eyes:winkgrin:

Piper's mom, SheepOfBlue and Sharon7 like this.