Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

PUPPIES TOMMOROW!!!!! EARLY LABOR (not too early) PUPPIES!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Mar 25, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    We will see, it's very hard to wait. What if the April litter only has two pups? Or one?

Piper's mom likes this.
  2. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes- I told people my puppy was being born today! It kinda reminds me of when I had my miscarriages- I told everyone and then, bam! Am I looking for sympathy? Yes! :gaah:gaah:gaah:gaah

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh no. I do hope you get one of them. That's always a problem with Sheltie litters - unlike the bigger dogs they don't pop out a dozen

Ann, Piper's mom and KarenCurtis like this.
  4. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I still might be able to get the male puppy!! I thought I was third in line but the breeder doesn't have anyone waiting for a male puppy!

Caro and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Fingers and toes and all paws crossed for you Karen! Hopefully you get this male! How long until you know for sure, any idea? We're fortunate here that there are about 5 or 6 good breeders just outside of Winnipeg. Plus, if I wanted another pup my breeder would put me at the top of the list.
    It's funny but Piper's litter was 8 pups and Finnie was 4 but I do know I've seen many that were just 2 or 3.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    oh Karen - you get all the sympathy that Minnie and I can gather together and a big :hugs

KarenCurtis likes this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    As I am was reading through this he emailed string I was so saddened to hear you had a miscarriage and now this puppy issue. I was thinking maybe one of the folks on the waiting list had a particular preference for one sex that would put you in the number two spot! :hugsHugs to you to get your dream of a new pup!

Sharon7 and KarenCurtis like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh goodness so much turmoil;excitement, disappointment. I am SO sorry you are on this roller coaster! If it is meant to be, I hope you get your puppy!

Sharon7, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    You will get your puppy, Karen! If not this one, the next. I am sure of it. Keep the faith!

10. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    I can feel how disappointed you are by this. I am so sorry. But not all hope is lost. You might get a Finnie. My BIG question is this. What happens if you decide on Finn, but the April litter (with better timing) has a Minnie for you?

I do understand your feelings though. The day after I announced that we were keeping Cassie, we got a call wanting a girl. Hubby said, well there are two left, one is a boy and one is a girl, but you'll probably have a hard time getting the girl away from my wife. I loved both of the those puppies too much. And my heart sank at the thought of letting Cassie go. Fortunately, the boy liked the family a little more, so we did keep Cassie. And I put my foot down at no more litters that I fall in love with that have to go to other homes.