Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Puppy hopefuls!! Puppies in late May!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Jan 3, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Hi all! I contacted a breeder I know as a Facebook friend last night, she is hopefully having puppies in late May; her breeder friend is also hopefully having puppies in late May! These two breeders have used each other's sires and dams, as they have done in the past and they both produce wonderful dogs. So, I'll get a puppy from one or the other! The breeder I contacted had Sandstorms litter brother, but he went over size so she didn't keep him. I'll keep you posted as time moves on! I work until the 3rd week of June, so this timing isn't perfect but is it ever? The puppy would be a good age to start training in late June! Oh dear! I haven't told husband about this yet, as pregnancy has not been 100% confirmed, and you know how husbands are, :lol: :hide:hugs

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Pre-congratulations! Wonderful to look forward to a new little puppy! No worries, your secret is safe with us!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Exciting!! I'll have plenty of time to figure out what to do with puppy while I work for the last 3 weeks of the school year

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Oh, Karen how exciting - as Gloria write "No worries, your secret is safe with us" :lol::lol:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Ooooh how exciting! Your right, timing is never perfect but it might work out depending on what age they let them go (I would recommend 8-9 weeks, I got Finnie at almost 11 weeks and I think he'd started a fear stage and now is afraid of so much).
    Fingers crossed that the breedings are successful!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Wonderful news, Karen! This is what I always did: Bring the puppy home and when hubby notices there's another dog just say "look what found us!" or "I got you a surprise!" :wink2: By the time he was over the shock he was smitten with the little one. Then again, the more dogs you have, the less likely he is to notice one more! :lol:

7. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Lol! The problem with that is, the puppies are 4 hours away! I think I'll show him pictures of them when they are at their cutest. That's what I did when we got Sandstorm

Ann likes this.
  8. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Oh fingers crossed Karen.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    How exciting. You are right about the pregnancy though - when we got Asta the breeder was supposed to have 3 litters within a 2 month period, but only one breeding took. Luckily, our "pre-ordered" big girl Asta was in the one litter that was born. Congrats!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Sharon7 and KarenCurtis like this.