Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Puppy hopefuls!! Puppies in late May!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Jan 3, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I've thought of that. I would be paranoid if my school was in a not so great area, or a busy area. It's very secure

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    And then there's me who takes Finnie to work with me every day lol...if only the little brat could be trusted! It's definitely going to stop soon though as January weather here can be quite brutal (-25 to -30 in the evening) and he can't be in the car when it's that cold.
    I've got a plan that I'll try out tomorrow evening (my bingo night lol), I'm going to block off with a baby gate an area and Finnie can stay there for a few hours with some toys and his dog bed. I can't have him running loose with my mom walking around.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    How do people even go out of their houses in that cold when they don't have to? Lol!

RikyR, ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Its cold but you do get used to it lol. You know it's cold when the snow crunches when you walk on it and the dogs freeze their paws in minutes (they become like robots, can't....move....:ROFLMAO::notworthy::ROFLMAO:).
    Trust me, come March -5 C feels downright balmy!:ROFLMAO:

ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Karen - In a safe area, I would rather do this
    Than as someone does
    put the puppy in a small cage at home - where it then has to stay for many hours.

In this way you will have a puppy that gets a little experience / play every 2 hours
    and will bee clean in no time
    It's also only about 1-2 weeks of 4 days ??

KarenCurtis and Ann like this.
  6. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes, it would only be for about 3 weeks, and some of those days I would take days off from work

Hanne likes this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I agree with Gloria and Hanne. Leaving the puppy in the car is not something I would ever consider...there are too many things that could happen. You're much better leaving him in a crate or an xpen at home. Eight-week old puppies can go overnight without messing a crate, so I'm sure he'd be fine while you're gone. Worst case, you have some cleanup when you get home, but he's safe. That would be my advice too.

ghggp, KarenCurtis and Piper's mom like this.
  8. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    That's Honey as soon as it hits - anything, she has just enough perseverance to run allllll the way to the very farthest corner of the yard and do her business, and then it's paws up in the air, and a demand that I traverse the entire yard to go get her.

ghggp, KarenCurtis and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's too funny :ROFLMAO:...that'd be the day I go out to get them lol! I just say RUN RUN RUN!!! And they forget how cold their paws are:ROFLMAO:!

JacqueZ, ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  10. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for the feedback. I value all opinions here. I was thinking the puppy would need more than one pee break during the 7 hours I am at work, but I will take your word for it! My niece is willing to take the puppy out on her lunch break, which is great! I just thought puppy would need more. I am apprehensive about leaving him in the car when I am at work.

ghggp, Ann and Piper's mom like this.