Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Puppy hopefuls!! Puppies in late May!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    With Piper I was home with him for a month so I can't comment on how many times at that age but from 14 weeks until probably 5-6 months he was going out once in an 8 hour period. After that he had to hold it (but at this point he had quite a bit of room to move around...and destroy his toys lol).
    Finnie I had 2 weeks so at 12 weeks he had to hold it for maybe 3 hours. He did good, but did have a few accidents in his crate (it was a bit too big).

KarenCurtis likes this.
  2. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I got Sandstorm at 4 1/2 months, and he was fine with my niece coming at noon to let him out. I haven't had a puppy younger than that for about 11 years, back when we didn't do crate training, so I'm sure it was difficult- I must have blocked it out of my memory, lol.

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I think we all do...it's amazing what you forget. It'll come back lol.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I have to say I too would not leave a puppy in the car. It's just kinda asking for trouble. When we had our first 8 week old puppy we both worked. I just came home for lunch every day and that worked out fine.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    :yes: :lol: :yes: :lol:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks Sharon
    My niece can come at lunch time for the puppy so it can work out. I haven't had an 8 week old puppy for so long, it's good to get advice from everyone here.

Sharon7 likes this.