Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Puppy names

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Caro, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    IMG_0603.jpg I'm picking up this little girl next week and I'm wrestling with names. I'm thinking Gidget or Kismet. Gidget is what I was going to call Tully and Kismet reminds me of Deska (for a long roundabout reason)

Trying to avoid a or y sound endings as i realised I keep using them eg Della, Tully, Deska, Benny and Kimba. The cats are called Kalypso and Katkat (Katrine).

Names are so hard, esp because I know so many dog names from teaching classes. I've taught one Gidget but no Kismet.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    DianeP, Sandy in CT, Ann and 8 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Oh my goodness, congratulations Caro! She's absolutely gorgeous...I'm jealous lol!
    A puppy! She's just precious!
    I like Kismet, how about Fate, Faith, Grace, Claire, Quinn or Alex. Hard to think of a name without the a or y ending!

Ann, Caro, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I want to reach through the screen and grab her up and kiss that face! How adorable! Which is what I would end up calling Kismet--Kissy LOL and Gidget would end up GG. I never can leave a name well enough alone.
    But of those two names she looks more Gidget to me.
    What's her registered name?

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am so jealous! What an absolute cutie! I love the name Kismet!

You must be beyond ecstatic!
    With all the trauma in you life it is wonderful to brighten your future with this little cutie!

Can’t wait to see all the new pictures!

Hanne and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Holy moly the cuteness! I vote for Kismet, it's so unusual. She is adorable and you are overdue for some simple goodness and fun in your life.

Piper's mom, Hanne and Caro like this.
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I figured she'd end up Gidg or Kizz half the time too. She doesn't have a registered name yet, but the breeder will need to do it before I pick her up so it would be nice if she could include her call name. Atm she just answers to pup,pup,pup.

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I had also thought of Hope (after Tully's mum) but family vetoed it as a 'bogan' name (a bogan is like your red neck) or Moirai (Greek godesses of Fate). Gosh naming girls is hard. Boy dog names are much easier.

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    More like scared! 3 girl dogs, 2 female cats, will be very estrogen heavy in my house! I'm still flat on my back and stuck in Melb but she's a pretty perfect little girl, the breeder definitely offered the cream of the litter. But I had to pick her up as the breeder is going away. Lucky the breeder is showing at the state border next Friday so I can pick her up half way home. just hoping my back holds up for the drive - and to bend over to a pup.

9. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Congratulations on your new puppy! She is so cute and looks very sweet. What fun!
    My vote is for Kismet, but either one would be cute!

Piper's mom likes this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    super cute:yes:
    congrats

Piper's mom likes this.