Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

PUPPY STUFF!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Mar 17, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I went on Petsmart and bookmarked a puppy car carrier and a Midwest puppy pen for outside! The puppy toys and collar I'm getting at my local pet store, where I can take the dogs to visit. Sandstorm likes it there and they love him, he can help me pick out toys, and a Sherpa dog pillow! I want to order the same leather leash I have for Sandstorm, it's from leatherleash store online and we love it, it's a 3 ft braided leather leash with a small clip. Oh and I can't forget the Nina Ottoson special toy for Sandstorm when the puppy comes home! Part of me finds it hard to believe I'm getting a puppy, but I AM!

Caro, Piper's mom, Ann and 5 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    It is quite the transition to having a puppy around...
    it is so fun buying things for them.

Geezz, we should have puppy showers like baby showers!

Piper's mom, Ann, KarenCurtis and 2 others like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    LOL you're on a spending spree. It would really be fun to have a puppy shower! With doggie guests, of course. We had a great 10 year birthday party for our first Sheltie Skye, all our friends were having kids and we went to tons of showers and birthday parties, so we thought, "Why not?" I even baked a bone shaped cake, using a 9X13 pan and two 9 inch rounds. People got into the spirit of it and one guy brought an ENORMOUS cow bone, cooked and wrapped in a bright red ribbon! It was hilarious.

Piper's mom, Ann, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    A puppy shower! Fun!

Piper's mom, Sharon7, Ann and 2 others like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    It amazed me with all the baby showers over the years I have attended that I never considered a puppy shower!
    Good for you Sharon to have a 10 year birthday party for Skye! That huge bone must have made everyone laugh!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I love that idea -- gonna do it some day!!!

7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Gloria I was thinking the same thing. We should have puppy showers.

When we brought our 1st Sheltie (Hollie) home a co-worker of mine gave me one of the baby caps that we use in our maternity ward for the babies. . I think I still have it 23 years later

Sharon7, ghggp and Calliesmom like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Obviously, your friend was certainly ahead of the curve and foresighted! ... and very thoughtful too!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I'm actually surprised that pet stores haven't caught onto the idea of puppy showers! We have everything else why not showers for your puppy!

KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.