Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rainy day out

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    The weather has been cold and wet here lately (not like some of your 40c temps haha) so to be safe we stayed local and since the tides were right we revisited Bamburgh and Holy Island for the day.

We had a little false start as it rained heavy when we got to holy Island but once I dried Monty off with the car heaters we managed to get out lol.

Bamburgh

Monty220.jpg
    Monty221.jpg
    Monty222.jpg

Holy Island

Monty223.jpg

Monty224.jpg

Hanne, Ann, Sharon7 and 6 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Such beautiful scenery Darren, lovely pictures of the girls and Monty!
    Question though, what's with the giant rubic's cube and dice?

Must've been hard to get Monty to stay still for a picture lol!
    Is that a sea lion or an ancient creature in the water? Great picture!

Hanne, Darren, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I was wondering about the cubes as well, Lisa!

Abigail and Lexi are just so darling! Seeing Monty looking so well warms my heart!

Thanks for sharing such great pictures! Love the sea lion popping out of the surf! So cool to hear the bagpipes in the video!

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Pure magic!! Your entire region looks like a movie set!! The girls are adorable — and it’s so good to see Monty out and about! Layla, Beckon and Penny day, “Come visit and play in our forest!” 61385B0A-01A2-4E2D-852C-180521F2B876.jpeg

Hanne, Piper's mom, Darren and 3 others like this.
  5. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    Beautiful! You have the most interesting ruins over there!

Piper's mom, Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    more awesome pix- love the video:yes:

7. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Lexi striking that pose in the first one is just too cute! Future model or actress??
    The cubes are a head scratcher...

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Well, we have the beach but I envy the forest and the historic sites! Lovely photos as always Darren and I agree, Lexi's pose in the first photo strikes me as a super-model pose! :lol: Monty looks well and I'm glad you all had a nice day out.

Hanne, Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Thanks everyone, Lexi is like a human Monty, there's no controlling her she just does what she wants. She could become a model, an actress or cause the extinction of the human race....I'm still debating how that one will turn out :lol:.
    I'm actually not sure about the cubes either, I've not really noticed them before so don't know if it's something they just decided to do :confused2:
    It was a fun day despite the rain, the bagpipes playing on the walk to the castle made it a great experience. The seals popping up all over was great for the kids....and me :winkgrin:

Monty is getting a lot of freedom now as well. I can let him off the leash when there's no dogs around now as because of his lung problems he can't bolt without needing a rest after a short distance. It's sad in a way but he's actually enjoying the frredom to explore himself now and has not even attempted to bolt anywhere. He just loves bouncing around the rockpools on his own now haha.

Monty would love to explore the forest with Layla, Beckon and Penny, it looks so much fun :yes:

10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    It's not a haunted forest is it?:blackalien::hide

Darren and Sharon7 like this.