Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rainy day

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Oct 15, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    We did our morning walk in the rain today. It wasn't raining hard but it was cool so the cold gradually crept over us. Wet leaves seem to fly to Willow's coat and burrow in. Soggy bits of leaves are hard to get out of a wet coat especially when they are anywhere in her hindquarters.

Nonetheless, we sniffed, walked, ran and generally had a good time on the empty pathways. We only met one dog, a Bedlington Terrier, the ones that look like sheep. I wondered what Willow would think of a dog that looked like a sheep but it didn't seem to puzzle her, she either knows her dogs or her sheep. :)

When we got home, about ninety minutes later, as soon as I undid her harness she ran upstairs intent on jumping up on the bed. I wasn't going to be happy if she got there and rolled in the sheets to dry off. Fortunately, she rocketed back down the stairs when I called so I had nothing to explain to my wife. We then spent twenty minutes toweling her off, one of her very favorite activities, with lots of play growling and tug of war and the occasional romp around the room with a plush cat.

This is how she spent the next couple of hours.
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-NBjrGwv/0/122e027e/M/WIN_20201015_12_01_46_Pro-M.jpg

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    It's a good life if you're Willow! :yes:

Darren, GlennR, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    Destin loves the towel- so much that even if he didn't go out and get wet, he comes running when I dry off the dogs who did go out and get wet:winkgrin:
    unlike Willow, he doesn't get 20 minutes of fun with that..............

Darren, DianeP, Ann and 6 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    A morning well spent, obviously!

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Silly girl! She is heartier than my boys.
    Every time I left the door open they would run out and do their business and run back in! They don’t like getting wet!
    Glad you saved the bed! Goodness know how you would explain that one!
    Didn’t you have a coat for Willow? I thought I remembered that from a previous post.

6. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    She does, indeed, have a coat but it wasn't raining hard enough to make it seem worthwhile, just drizzling and sprinkling. Of course, all things considered, it would have been better to have it on her as it would have repelled some of those wet leaves. :)

Darren, ghggp, Ann and 2 others like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Good you caught her before she made it to the bed! Finnie will run his body against the bed (or a couch or chair) and especially his face! When he's wet or after a meal I have to stop him lol!

Darren, Sharon7, GlennR and 3 others like this.
  8. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Poor tuckered out girl!!!! I love the photo.

Darren, Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Satisfied snoozer!!

Darren, Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  10. DianeP

DianeP Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    She looks happy and satisfied.

Darren and Sharon7 like this.