Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rally in Rayne

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so last weekend, Cran went to the Frog Capital of the World- otherwise known as Rayne, LA.
    we're trying to get the rest of our Master points for his RACH and with 5 trials in one weekend, we went. One of the few trials where we've had to stay in a motel. I left the other 3 with a friend so I only had to deal with walking one around the motel.
    We did get some points but not as many as I'd hoped to get- we only got points in 3 of the trials instead of all 5. we lost 10 points on the 360 right side by side both times......
    there's some video but not all uploaded yet- will post them when they're ready......:pop

ghggp, RikyR, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    What counts is that you and Cran are having fun together! At least that's what I tell myself on the trip home from conformation shows. :rolleyes2: I know I'm going home with the best dog! :yes:

ghggp, Calliesmom and Sandy in CT like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    very true:yes:
    but we could have done better- my friends were at an agility show 20 min away so on our way home we stopped to say hi.
    the canine chiropractor was there so I was able to get her to check him out. she said she wasn't surprised that he didn't want to sit or do some of the other things that we lost points on. so now I'm happy that he did as well as he did since he was actually having issues doing stuff but he tried anyway.............:((

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Congratulations Calliesmom! 3/5 is still pretty good...keep in mind I've NQ'd 14 times in a row with Piper in Utility lol. I have hope though, our last trial of the season starts next Friday and I've finally got him back on his directed jumping (he lost it 95% of the time on this...the last thing). 4 trials coming up and 2 under a judge who has Shelties...I'm looking forward to that and doing doubles towards his RAE however Finnie still worries me...he anticipates everything and he needs to take the jump as soon as he sees it! If I go really slow I get better focus...I have 4 minutes before being NQ'd...wonder if that's enough time haha.

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yeah- but that's utility.....
    I can only remember 2 times that Cran didn't Q in rally- he NQd a bunch in Beginner Novice. He did much better in Preferred Novice- Dixie was the one who needed a couple extra tries.

Talk to Finnie and really get his attention as you approach the jump (assuming that this is in rally), only let him jump it when you are right there....

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  6. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    So glad Cran got an adjustment! Slow sits an no sits, it isn't disobedience with a very biddable guy like Cran, who is sooo good!

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    AMEN, Ann!

Calliesmom likes this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- he was much quicker this weekend although we still had some issues.....

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL