Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rally Trial Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so there was a rally trial with an obedience trial last weekend. There were 2 rally trials on Sat- none on Sunday while the obedience trial was both days. It was a nice facility- my first time there- we actually entered last year but it was cancelled because of Nate which thankfully for all of us did very little damage. but the building is also a storm shelter so they had to be prepared for the possibility.
    It was kind of nice for us- we drove over for Sat and were done in the early afternoon.
    So I entered Cran in both the morning and afternoon rally trials in Master, Exc B and Adv B. He Qd all 6 classes and did very well for not practicing for a month.
    so there are videos......
    Sat am
    Master
    Exc
    Adv

Sat pm
    Master
    Exc
    Adv

corbinam likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Marvelous! Shelties seem to do just fine, even after a hiatus.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    This is so impressive! I've been doing Rally with Flurry to build her confidence and really enjoy it. She does too, so much that now when I ask her to stack in the show ring she thinks it's an automatic halt sit. :eek2: So much for crossing disciplines! You and Cran look so in sync! Congratulations!

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thanks- he's such a good dog. he even did well on some of the signs that we've had problems with in past shows.
    now, we have to master the going to the cone and sitting. he doesn't want to go that far away.....

if you are only doing the novice signs at the moment, you might want to skip ahead to the moving stand sign where you teach her to stop in the stand position- most shelties look like they are in a nice stack from that stop........

Ann likes this.
  5. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Cool!!! just saw your Master run on the first day, am going to get popcorn to enjoy the rest of the show! :) Great job, nice teamwork!!!! I did see a Flyer type come front with two paws up. ;)

Where did you trial? That didn't look like Greenville! Are you going to make the deadline for Tulsa?

AOC had two rally trials yesterday (none on Saturday, was hounds only) and I'm elbow deep in other stuff, so not trialing. I'm hopeful for obedience entries in Nov at AOC, guest room is ready if you want to come.

Did the hurricane come by you? I can't believe the damage it did in the panhandle :eek: Cape San Blas was my plan for next summer...

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thanks- no it wasn't Greenville, it was in Mandeville, LA - just a little bit closer to home and on the previous weekend. It was actually our first time there- we entered last fall but TS Nate changed those plans. I wanted to come to Atlanta that weekend (Greenville) but time/money.
    yeah- we lost some points on that front. so since it's rally, the next master run- I told him to sit as he came in front- seemed to work better that way. would love to come in November but pretty sure that's the same weekend as our obedience/rally trial where on at least one of those two days, we need a 93 in Master- then we'll be qualified for Tulsa..... One more Q and he'll have his Master title- would love another of those Greenville title ribbons:yes: but not happening this year.
    Michael was far enough away that we felt nothing- no wind, no rain. Now, TS Gordon in September- we were right at the edge of the bad side at landfall and apparently my town was pretty much the only damage/power outages. I did have some branches/tree issues- no damage to house and no power loss where we were although I had friends without power for part of the day. It is definitely bad over in that area of FL.