Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Really Need Help : barking, lunging, reactive Sheltie on thin ice

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Muddy, May 6, 2013.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    OMG Donna, I'm sorry but I laughed all the way through your post, mainly because I can so relate. I'm glad it all turned out well and Mercy came safely home. I'm not sure whether these guys keep us young or age us more! I hope you indulged in a glass of wine after that adventure! :eek2:

DonnaBeeGood, Sharon7 and Wendy C like this.
  2. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    lol Donna the visual was great and thank goodness the ending was ok. We have all been there...also not a spring chicken so we have a gate before the front door. Our senior sweet cocker who had never gone out the front door without permission decided one day that the dog she could see across the street might be worth getting to know and tore off across the street...again so lucky no cars were coming, but my heart was in my mouth. Hopefully things will get better...good luck! :)

DonnaBeeGood likes this.
  3. DonnaBeeGood

DonnaBeeGood Forums Novice

Aug 10, 2019
    Good distinction to keep in mind. Our first trainer (who admitted that she does not like Shelties as a breed) only has given us the advice about repeated exposure will eventually get the dogs used to bicycles/wheeled panic machines. I think I have also been thinking that 18 months should be enough time for Mercy the rescue to relax and feel confident, but her timeline is not up to me, it is up to her. She definitely looked *smug* when we were through with our adventure yesterday (and maybe was laughing at the sweaty disheveled crazy eyed lady that I had turned into).

Calliesmom likes this.