Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Recommended dog book author - Xmas gifts?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Sharon7, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Just wanted to pass on info about an author I have come to love. Susannah Charleson writes non-fiction about search and rescue work, (which she does with her dog) but also does shelter rescue; she has a motley crew of Poms and other small dogs, and has a beautiful, fluid way of writing, that just draws you in immediately. Well, it does me, anyway. She has 3 books out, and the middle one. "The Possibility Dogs" I have read and re-read, something I don't normally do.

She is able to articulate emotional connections to dogs in a way that has me re-reading sentences and paragraphs, and nodding my head. Her descriptions of her Poms in particular had me thinking "I need one of those!" :lol:

I treated myself to her latest book for my birthday ("Where the Lost Dogs Go") and I am loving it as well. It occurred to me to post this if anyone is looking for Christmas gifts for dog-lovers.

Anyone else read her books?

ghggp and TheDailyPainter like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks, Sharon for the book recommendations. Being dyslexic I don’t read many books but I will definitely purchase these for me and gifts for Christmas!

Sharon7 likes this.
  3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I haven’t read those but they sound good!

Before I rush out...they aren’t sad, are they?

Sharon7 likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I would say overall, no, but there are some sad situations, mostly happy endings though. It's not a tear-jerker but reflective of real life if that makes sense. Not just all a bed of roses. So worth it IMHO. The middle book particularly grabbed me. ("The Possibility Dogs") Her style of writing is amazing I think.

If you do read it, I would be interested in your opinion. :yes:

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Just requested it from the library!

Sharon7 likes this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I purchased it as a Christmas gift for the two young girls that are helping me with Liam!

Sharon7 likes this.