Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Red Barn Bully Stick Recall

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by RikyR, Mar 8, 2018.

1. RikyR

RikyR Forums Enthusiast

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks for the heads-up Ricky!
    I had a bit of panic attack since I just bought one bully stick for Logan and Baron!
    Looks like these are prepackaged ones.

Thank goodness it not what I bought!

3. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Um gave Beau three Red Barn pre-packaged bully sticks that his dog walker brought. He has had them over the last week. What should I look out for?

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I would call your vet and give him the information and call the manufacturer too to see what they are going to do about it!

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Believe me you'd know pretty quick if they were tainted with salmonella. The dog would be vomiting and/or diarrhea. This happened to Asta and Ally years ago with bully sticks "Made in America" from Costco. They both got sick and I threw those damn things away.
    I signed up with Dog Food Advisor to get email notices on recalls on pet food and treats. It's great info, and no spam.

RikyR likes this.
  6. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Sure is scary when they keep the product on the shelf to sell. Finding the serial number (sku) and ask the manufacturer.

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    If I saw that, I would certainly report it to the corporate store and manufacturer as well!

That is beyond unacceptable!