Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rotten, Rotten Puppy!!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by MissyGallant, Jun 7, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Rocket and his Toilet Paper...

We stopped putting toilet paper onto the toilet paper roll holder in the bathroom because Simon gets mad at us if he hasn't been played with long enough and then he sits on the toilet and rolls the paper into a pile on the floor. (Mind you only Simon is allowed to say when he hasn't been played with enough, and he can do this twenty minutes after a play session or 20 days after a play session.) Rocket has figured out all of the places we put toilet paper. He says, "Back of tank- no problem look this lidded trash can acts like a stepping stool. Front of sink, look I can stand on my back legs and get that. Back of sink, all I gotta do is step onto the toilet." Whew. So, we went back to using the holder. At least with Simon spinning it, we can always put it back- right?

I know you're all think that Rocket just shredded what Simon spun off. WRONG!!! Nope- Not my boy. My boy figured out a way to shred it while it was still on the roll.

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Ahh, toilet paper fun! Gavin once grabbed the TP and walked with the roll unraveling all the way into my living room :)
    And he had his fair share of shredding incidents.. But he outgrew that soon enough, so there is hope!

Ty'sMom and tesslynn like this.
  3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Lol, I have lost several rolls of toilet paper over the last year :)

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Think that's why the store has toilet rolls in big packages that us with puppies can buy :biggrin2:

When my GSD male was a puppy he meant that his mission was to see how far he could run with the different brands :yes:
    -most could reach from bathroom through living room and kitchen and onto the lawn where he was waiting for me to Discover it :rolleyes2:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Ty'sMom, tesslynn and mimiretz like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    What a great commercial that would make!

Hanne and tesslynn like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    That's just too funny!
    Piper didn't care for toilet paper when he was a pup, did shred the odd Kleenex but it was his dog beds he liked to shred! Oh and wood, he liked to chew anything made of wood...even now at 2 he still chews on twigs lol. But he'll outfgrow it, probably by the time he's a year and a half

Hanne likes this.
  7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby's thing was wood too! Anything wood was game for her (molding, furniture etc.). She is 7 and still loves to chew wood. But thankfully it is now only sticks or fire wood. She never chewed the TP but let her have the tube from the roll and she is in heaven.

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Same with my last GSD female - she could hear when I tried to list the roll of the holder, even though she was sleeping in another room :yes:

I did not need more measurements of brands :biggrin2:

I have read my lesson so Minnie do not even know that there is so much fun in TP :lol::lol:

Shelby's mom likes this.
  9. Daisy1015

Daisy1015 Forums Enthusiast

May 2, 2014
    Wow that shows smarts as a silver lining!

10. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Oh, Rocket is VERY smart. Possibly our smartest puppy. He's just ornery!