Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sadies Story

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by GaryW, Apr 20, 2012.

1. GaryW

GaryW Forums Novice

Apr 19, 2012
    St.Paul, MN
    Sadie was found as a stray in Ky, and was placed in a Kill shelter. Homeward Bound Rescue from MN got her out of the shelter and brought her here to MN.
    I picked her up from the drop off point and brought her here to my house to her forever home. Sadie was very underweight and a very fearful dog. She was afraid of the snow (I don't blame her for that LOL) afraid of toys, afraid of being touched, afraid of my two Boston Terriers, and even afraid to lay down.... One year later Sadie loves to play with her two Boston Terrier buddies, loves to play, go for walks, being petted, and hogs my bed LOL. Sadie has gained 17lbs, and now she needs to loose 3lbs :( The only thing she is scared of is the lake, she is just terrified of going by the water, I wonder if she was caught in the floods they had in KY last year? Sadie is a great dog and now you would never know she had this terrible past. Before I forget Sadie is a Border Sheltie (Border Collie / Sheltie Mix) and is ~3 years old

2. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    That is a wonderful story! I'm so happy Sadie adapted well and made great friend with your Boston Terriers. It's amazing the progress Rescue dogs make in wonderful homes despite the past they've lived.

I would love to see a picture of her! Thank you for changing this little girl's world!

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Welcome to the forum. What a heartwarming story about your Sadie.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for rescuing her.

What wonderful progress she has made with you in a year's time!

I am so happy for you, for Sadie and for your 2 other doggies.

Reading your story "made my day". Thanks for sharing it with us.

4. hrcarol

hrcarol Forums Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2012
    Atlanta suburbs
    Thank you for posting Sadie's story. It's wonderful to hear about a scared little dog turning into a happy family member. I would love to see some pictures.

5. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Rescuing a dog may not change the world but the world is changed for Sadie. A bug :hugs to you for adopting Sadie. It is amazing what love can do. I would like to see a picture if possible.

6. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Doesn't it just amaze you that these sweet, sensitive little dogs have the strength to overcome terrible pasts? I look at Tinsel today and marvel at his braveness and feel love just wash over me like a tidal wave. Thanks for sharing.

7. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Awesome story. My friend Rachel has fostered for Homeward Bound in the past. Thanks for giving her, her forever home.

8. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    I love to hear stories about pups who have passed through hell and made it to heaven on earth. Thank you for adopting Sadie, and giving her the home she deserves.

9. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    How wonderful that you adopted Sadie and she has learned to love you. What a great story!