Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Save our Seniors...

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by ghggp, Dec 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Posting to help Barb at Mid-Florida Sheltie Rescue...

2021-12-02_11-02-46.jpg

Shushu and Simon through no fault of their own have lost everything they know. Their owner is bed ridden and is no longer able to care for them. They have no family that has stepped up. If you can foster, rescue will cover the cost to give them the best for the rest of their life. They have been loved and cared for throughout their life. They are 12 years old.
    Please contact me if you are able to help.
    For our love of the breed.
    Barbara
    [email protected]

Piper's mom, RikyR, Hanne and 5 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh my gosh what sweethearts. Gloria, you won't believe this, but our Collie rescue friend had someone reach out who was wanting to help friends in Florida (!!!) find a Sheltie to rescue after having lost their last one. Our friend put them in touch with me, and I had recommended Barb's rescue. I have sent this post on to them - no idea if they would be up for a scenario like this but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks for posting this - you just never know how getting the word out far and wide could end up helping!!! (y)

Piper's mom, RikyR, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WONDERFUL! Thank you so much, Sharon!
    I hope they can adopt them...
    For the rescue to " rescue will cover the cost to give them the best for the rest of their life. "
    How on earth would you be able to pass that UP?

Piper's mom, RikyR, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  4. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    These poor pups. I wish I could help out it breaks my heart to see this happen.

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    With an offer like that I have no doubt they’ll find a home for them quickly. We have quite a strong network of Sheltie breeders here that have placed many Shelties after their owners passed away...very sad for the dogs but what a wonderful thing this rescue is doing!

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I feel the same! They look so sad and confused! I hope and pray they find the right home that will love and care for them for the rest of their lives ❤️❤️❤️❤️

RikyR, Hanne, Shelby's mom and 2 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Hope they find their home!!!! So sad...

I spoke to a woman about them yesterday, but she feels they are too old to them. She is a senior (90) but uber active, still lives by herself, kayaks, does yoga. She had taken in a dog from a breeder 5 years ago - her pup was 7 when she got her and died very suddenly. She desperately wants another companion, 5 - 7 years of age, but no one will give her the time of day with her age.

Funny, I was telling her about my dad, she asked what his zip code was... zip code? She said yeah, when you're my age and you hear about another active senior, you need to know if they are close by as a possibility. HAHA! Sad to say, dad is too far away for them to meet, but she did say she'd be looking up his zip code.

8. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Gloria, thank-you for always posting when there is a Sheltie/s in need of a home...you are very special. It always breaks my heart when seniors come into rescue...a time in their life when losing their home and person is especially hard. Many prayers that these 2 sweet doggies find someone with a big heart who will take them and love them for whatever time they have left.
    Trini

Piper's mom, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks, Trini…
    It is my fervent hope as well!

Piper's mom, Hanne and Sharon7 like this.