Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Say hello to my little friend....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Sandy in CT, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Little boy has no name, but is blending well into our household. He is playful, yet calms right down. He came home Saturday and is 4 lbs and not quite 8 inches tall - he is small but not quite smallest in his litter. He is super 'chill' when he is not playing; very relaxed, not scared at all, wanders around when he wants, has checked out the dishwasher both open and then when running. He is not afraid of either dog at all - much more confident than Brodie was. All our other pups, I had in our powder room but this guy is set up in a playpen with his kennel in our dinette area. When he is sleepy, he crawls into his crate and naps. He slept last night from 11 ish to 4:00 and I woke him up - not him crying for me. He is eating well, peeing lots but does go right away when I bring him out. He has not soiled his kennel nor the playpen area yet. He was NOT a fan of his collar but has since forgotten it. He is NOT a fan of a leash but that will obviously need to change. I bought this kit before he came home... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BH5D7K3/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and rubbed his mommy with the blanket - it covers his kennel at night. The dog toy is larger than he is, I used a heat pack first night and it lasted 2 nights. I am not sure if it helped or if it is his 'chill' personality. Brodie loves him and has been really good with him so far. Kooper was a tad over the top and has ended up in many time outs to calm down, but yesterday was a good day and he allowed the pup to bite his tail. Kooper is now more interested in any food the puppy may have and ignored him most of yesterday.

We got to bring him home a bit before he was supposed to go. Our youngest has to return to school Monday and daughter ahs t return to Indiana on Friday. Pup has been all weaned and has a bit of independence to him so she thought all would be well with the choice. Brodie was a week older when we got him. Nice that the kids have had the opportunity to meet and play with him.

Hubby wants the say on his name but hasn't come up with anything yet. I want a good Scot name and feel he will grow into whatever we give - he is soft, but has a bold confidence about him. Youngest wants to call him JoJo after a movie, daughter wants something soft like Dewey or Stewie or Howie. I like Tucker but no one agrees with me. Too many cooks in the kitchen - got ideas? I know with Brodie, we settled on a name, Cole, then changed it to Kody when he came home, and he then became Brodie a week and a half later.

Introducing...... pup!

Hanne, Elei, RikyR and 7 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Sandy, he is adorable...love his coloring and what a precious face! Enjoy!! Welcome little guy to your SN family. Trini

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Oh Sandy, he is darling! Beautiful coat and wonderful, soft expression. He looks like a Duncan to me! Much luck and happiness with him! :love:

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OMG he is super darling. What a face. And what a great initial report! I was amazed at how composed Meadow was as a young pup as well. Makes it easier on us! Congratulations. I predict lots of fun with this little fluff ball. How about "Farley"? I do like Duncan, as well.

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    suuuuuper cuuuuuuute:yes:

Duncan is a good name...

RikyR, KarenCurtis, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  6. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Gosh he’s adorable...so small but so cute! Reminds me of Piper, he was just over 4 lbs when he came home and 13 3/4” now...the perfect size in my opinion.
    Love the starter kit...everything you need!
    I’m going to wash a bunch of Piper/Finnie toys that haven’t been used in awhile...everything is still shut down here and dog toys are essential although you can browse, go outside and call then go inside and pay. Stupid I know but this way I’ll be able to get her out and socialize. Asked physiotherapist if I could bring her by...sure!!! We love puppies!
    Congratulations again on your new boy, Brodie will have a new best friend! I kinda like JoJo and Tucker...Duncan...so many names! I still haven’t picked a name either...time will tell.

KarenCurtis, ghggp, Ann and 2 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I did the same. At the bottom of Brodie's toy basket I still had all the teething toys and kong pacifier things and all sorts of stuff I wasn't aware I still had. Other than buying a first collar, next one up, 3 different leashes and the puppy kit, I had everything. Brodie was never into chew toys - he liked my drywall and baseboard. paper towel and toilet paper rolls. Already this little guy is so different and toys are yet something else - he likes all these toys that Brodie never touched!

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a cutie patootie! Looks like 2021 will be the year for blues! What a great addition to your family! Let the great name game begin!

RikyR, Piper's mom, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  10. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Oh be still my heart! What a sweetie baby!!
    What's his registered name?

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and KarenCurtis like this.