Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Scottish Walk Christmas Parade, Dec. 3

Discussion in 'Events' started by lovemyshelties, Dec 1, 2011.

1. lovemyshelties

lovemyshelties Forums Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    Bundle up and grab some hot chocolate or coffee and join your fellow Sheltie lovers to watch the Scottish Walk Christmas Parade through Old Town Alexandria on Saturday, Dec. 3, beginning at 11 am. Details are available at: http://dc.about.com/od/christmasevents/a/AlexScotWalk.htm

Hubby and I will be walking one or two of our Sheltie clan in the parade, joining forces with the No. Potomac and No. Va. Sheltie Rescues.

Hope to see you there!:biggrin2:

2. nbrard

nbrard Forums Enthusiast

That sounds fabulous, I wish I lived near by to attend! The commute for this one would be a bit long! Enjoy!

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Can't wait until I move back to Virginia! Then I will definitely be there! (This is a long term plan...nothing in the works yet)

4. snkoyle15

snkoyle15 Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2011
    UT
    I would SO be there if i werent on the other side of the country! my moms side of the family is Scotch-Irish! I absolutely LOVE pipe bands!!!:yes:

5. lovemyshelties

Sep 5, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    So we'll just post pics for you and others to enjoy!

6. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

I think Chris and her Hubby usually participate in this. I am sure she will let us know if this is the parade or not.

7. Will

Will Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2010
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Tempting

We would love to be there, but it would be a long trip from Minnesota. I would wear my heavy wool kilt, the wife her tartan skirt, and each of our shelties would wear their Bruce Ancient Tartan bandanas. Please post photos. Yours aye, Will

I wish we had such an event here in Minneapolis.

8. Lahree

Lahree Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2008
    North Texas
    I would love, love, love to go to an event like this! Ellie has a plaid leash, but I would defintely buy her a tam or a kilt!

Have an amazing amount of fun and take LOTS of photos!

9. lovemyshelties

Sep 5, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    Yes, it is. We'll be tagging up with her upon our arrival. Can't wait! Got my fur babies Holiday garb to wear.

10. snkoyle15

snkoyle15 Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2011
    UT
    Now theres an idea!!! My family every year does Highland events here in Utah. and one of them allows dogs.... hmmmm maybe i will have to see if my mom has a scrap of our family tartan (Cunningham) that i can make a bandanna for Gizmo