Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Second Puppyhood?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by mimiretz, Jul 14, 2021.

1. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    So Oberon will be 7 in September and at this point in his life he acts like a chilled almost middle-aged dog. Tonight was different! For whatever reason he reverted to puppyhood behaviors -- running through the house, herding my husband, grabbing toys and shaking them; he even had a few minutes of zoomies! if he was a cat I would have sworn he got into some catnip. Has this happened to anyone else's Sheltie?

After about an hour of this he settled down and is once again acting like a proper middle-aged gentleman.

SheepOfBlue, Ann, ghggp and 6 others like this.
  2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu is 7, and he has his moments too. The other day he pulled a half roll of toilet paper out, and was running around the house with one my tennis shoes. Then he took a nap.

Ann, mimiretz, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Piper is 6 and there are many times he can run with Blueberry and she can’t even catch him! He too loves his naps though! Lol

RikyR, Ann, mimiretz and 2 others like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Sounds like a wonderful day to me! What a video that would have made! :)

5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Spitfire does but he has always been crazy. Just now that he is 10 they last less time and are a little less often. Though since he lost his weight they increased.

Oh and it is a little seasonal. In the heat they have all slowed (Spitfire the least). This fall will be game on again.