Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Shelby‘s vet visit

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Shelby's mom, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby had her 6 month vet visit tonight. Just routine blood work and to check her blood pressure.

She was the star of the show. Everyone was loving the way she “prances”. And when the took her in the back to do the blood draw and check her BP I could hear everyone talking to her and telling her how beautiful she was, and the they were laughing saying she looks like she knows how pretty she is

he visit went well, her lab work was good and her blood pressure was 140. So she is good for another 6 months.

Darren, Ann, Ron Atkinson and 7 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Good news and it doesn't surprise me that Shelby was such a hit. I'm often not sure I'm going to get my dogs back when they go into the vet's office! They take photos, give a million cookies, pet them like crazy. Faith and Meadow actually LIKE going there for those reasons! Elijah, not so much.

Really glad her check-up was a good one! Gives you a big feeling of relief, I'm sure.

Darren, Ron Atkinson, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  3. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby actually likes going too- when they take her to the back she goes very willingly. During the lockdown last year she needed to have her front teeth pulled. My husband had to take her and when they came out to the car for her she just walked across the parking lot never even looking back. She didn’t care. He sent me a picture and I must say I was kind of sad knowing she didn’t care leaving us with a stranger.

Darren, Ron Atkinson, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    That is great that Shelby is happy at the vet's and that all her lab work and blood pressure came back normal. WTG Shelby! (y)
    Trini

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    That’s great news that her vet visit went so well! All 3 of mine are great at the vet except Finnie doesn’t like the table but that’s normal for him lol.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    all my dogs love the vet- there's cookies involved:winkgrin:

Darren, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Brodie is not a fan, but Deacon, well he's like 'NOPE - don't wanna go in there!'. My vet still has car service and my boys get carried in, which to be honest, to me isn't an absolutely terrible thing for 'normal visits; if ill, I would want to be there and I think they do make some exceptions now. But I am not tied to the bad stuff, I am the one who buys a munchkin for them after the bad stuff.

I can't even send treats in for them. I must have the SNOOTIEST shelties! My boys won't take treats from strangers, my boys won't even take treats from people they see in class every week! Brodie is the worst.... one woman in my class tries every week, he will either sniff it but not take or daintily take a treat from her hand and then spit it on the floor. Cheese, bacon, his own treats, dried turkey bologna.... nothing. We wonder if it's the dog smell on her hand. Deacon is a bit better..... he now recognizes her as 'the lady with CHEESE' and would almost follow her anywhere, in the classroom at least, if I am near. The class jokes about my boys and 'STRANGER DANGER!!!!' - especially Brodie who will alert the class of an incoming dog as soon as they hit the stairway on the other side of the closed door. He knows who belongs in his class and who does not. I did SO much better in training my dogs than my kids!

PS..... Don't tell Spitfire, but my boys LOVE our cat! He actually likes them a lot too. So much that he will knock food off the counter to share with them!

Darren, Hanne, Shelby's mom and 5 others like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    when Destin was in class, one of my problems was when he saw someone giving cookies to their dog- he'd go over there and try to mooch...
    the pet people would give him a cookie and the agility people would not as you don't really want to reward the dog leaving you to go visit other people:winkgrin:

Darren, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.