Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Shelby is under the weather

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Shelby's mom, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    We actually canned a ton of pumpkin last fall to have for emergencies!

Shelby's mom and Wendy C like this.
  2. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    That’s a great idea. I always freeze a lot of pumpkin for baking but I never thought about canning it. I may have to try it this year (we love canning). Shelby LOVES pumpkin!

She is doing much better today. She finally went to the bathroom yesterday and agin today - all normal. So she is back on her dog food and we increased the amount she is fed. So I know she will gain those 2 lbs back ( I really prefer to keep her at 25lbs but the vet wants 26).

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions.

ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So glad things are taking a positive turn! Gaining a bit of weight will be better for gaining strength too! Great news!!!

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Sometimes farmers are looking to get rid of pumpkins that still remain in the field after Halloween. WE got a bunch really cheap that way!

Shelby's mom likes this.
  5. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    She is so much better today! Gave her a much needed bath this afternoon and they we played fetch for a long time. I think she pulled out every single toy she has. I weighed her today and she gained a half pound so she will be back to where the vet wants her in no time. No watch when I take her back for a weight check they better not tell me she needs to loose weight

Calliesmom and Hanne like this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Aww...picture of the newly bathed and happy Sheltie?

7. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    At this moment we can hardly be happier :hugs

Shelby's mom likes this.