Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Shellie hates walks

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by patti lawlor, May 16, 2018.

1. patti lawlor

patti lawlor Forums Novice

May 16, 2018
    Hello I have a 2 year old Shellie and she is of course the sweetest thing but very nevervous of traffic and absolutely hates walks . In the begining I would carry her by the busy road and let her walk on the quiet trails, brought ,lots of treats and rewarded her often but we are not making much progresspatti

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Patti,
    Please, please, please take your little sheltie to obedience classes! This is the first step to building confidence! That is the key ingredient you are currently lacking. I recently adopted a four-year-old sheltie that was not socialized. He was was terrified of cars, trucks, strollers, other people, and dogs! I went through 2 beginner obedience classes and got a Companion Dog Certificatication or CDC title on him. It is the BEST investment I ever made. Obedience gives the dog confidence and strengthens the bond you have with them. Good luck and let us know your progress...

3. patti lawlor

patti lawlor Forums Novice

May 16, 2018
    Thank you you are probably right , shes a very good girl but also only comes when she feels like it , i will look into it ...thankyou