Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie available in Bakersfield, CA

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by Mom2Melli, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    OMG is this girl cute! She's in the no-kill where my Shay & Melody come from. She is listed at 9 months old, 6 pounds (I hope they meant 9 weeks or 16 pounds . . . ). All around goodie in the house, around dogs & cats, and doggy-door trained. Listed on Petfinder.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I couldn't see her pictures. Could you post a link to Petfinder?

3. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Interesting the entry got out of pending approval faster than pix. I can't believe this little girl made it through even ONE weekend without getting snapped up -- wait, they went out of town and didn't do adoptions last weekend. That is why.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/28636326

Their fee is a bit steep for our local area but otherwise they are a good group to work with. She responds best through her FB page messaging.

"Pet Matchmaker Rescue CA" is the page

I love this dog! She's likely related to Melody too! Someone in CA get her and put me out of my misery!

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    She's sooooo cute! I can see why your having a hard time resisting her, if I could I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat!:yes:

5. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    The ONE and I mean ONE reason I haven't already emailed them is because my Shay has gravitated to my husband since Melli came along having had over 2 years of being our Prince of the Universe. Now, Melli has really bonded to me. She will do anything I ask no matter how hard for her (ride in car, agility, obedience, walk all over Monterey visiting friends there and shopping, whatever I ask). She deserves to be special. If I brought in one that traveled better or performed better or became a therapy dog or something, Melli would get shafted on some level. That is my ONE reason, I believe my Melli deserves her time in the sun.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  7. Junebug

Junebug Forums Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    USA
    I think that is a 6 month sheltie, and she's just tiny.

8. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    What a little doll! I can see where you are having trouble resisting her, but I also see and understand your reasoning. Good for you for thinking of Melli's feelings, such a good mommy you are. Kudos!

9. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Thank you for the kudos. I am not sure what I would do with a 6 pound sheltie. My smallest cat weighs more than that! It could be fun though, I suppose, sticking her in my pocket!

I am very drawn to this dog for some reason. I think if it was a boy I would already have it. I don't think Melli would be kind to another female in the house. Melli is a spoiled princess and deserves that.

I am sure that little one will find the perfect home. They are good rescue group though their fees have gone up 1-1/2 times with three years. Neither Shay nor Melli were nearly quite that high in fee.

10. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    omg is she darling! I would totally adopt her if she was closer and I was looking. Sadly my apartment complex only allows two dogs... but when we get a house, fiance promised me another dog :biggrin2: I'm sure she'll get scooped up quickly!