Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie mischief

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Oct 5, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow, my sweet puppy and loyal companion went wild this morning. As we were approaching the first lake on our, up to then, sedate walk we strolled down the grassy hillside and then it happened. The Sheltie mischief gene kicked into overdrive.

With no warning, Willow dove at my ankles grabbed my sweat pants and did her best to tackle me. She play-growled, wrapped her paws around my shoes and tried to undo the laces. Then she shot off to run and run in giant circles around me before dancing in to play bow and tackle me again.

She was bright-eyed, I'm sure laughing at me, with her tail up at full flag as it is whenever she's playing. I find it impossible to get mad when she's so clearly enjoying herself. I just plunked down on the dewy grass and she came running over and lept into my lap for cuddles and belly rubs. It's a very good way to start a day, laughter and love.

Wendy C, Piper's mom, DianeP and 8 others like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Willow thinks it is time to be compensated for a good nurse!

Piper's mom, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Now that's what I call physical therapy!!

Piper's mom, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Sounds familiar lol. Piper does that to me all the time and when Riley was well he'd suddenly, out of the blue run up to me and try to wrap his front paws around my leg! Incredibly funny but you get an almost 40 pound Sheltie doing that to you they can quickly bring you down lol. It'd be quite the game for him trying to get me while I ran away! Now with Piper and Finnie I don't dare try that...two against one isn't a fair fight lol.

GlennR, Hanne, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  5. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu does this too. Out of the blue, on a walk, he will go crazy, spinning, attacking my shoes. I have to get him lay down and chill, and back to the walk like nothing happened. I can only imagine what the neighbors think!

GlennR, Calliesmom, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Piper will do that too...I just have to say I'm going to get you.....and he gets the crazies! I've often thought the neighbors must think my dog is crazy lol.