Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie mix in Ohio pound

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by JacqueZ, Mar 16, 2015.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
  2. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    Aw, he's adorable! Can't you just sneak him in the house and when DH notices, say well where did HE come from? Oh well, he's comfortable now, maybe we'll keep him.

Yes, I'm enabling you. :razz:

3. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm tempted to try that! But I'm also worried after our last attempt that Honey is a single pup girl...

She still enjoys playing with other dogs, but she's been markedly more hesitant to interact with them since those weeks of fighting. She's more inclined to come snuggle me if other dogs are around and trying. With winter we haven't had a chance to socialize her as much as I'd prefer.

Also there's the scent...anytime I go to the local shelter and walk the dogs, when I come home and Honey smells them, her scent glands go into overdrive, so that it's a noticeable smell when she's standing by you.

But we have a fenced in acre of land! I worked so hard to achieve that and the space is just begging for more puppies to fill it...

4. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    Take her with you to meet the new guy.

Our first sheltie would accept NO OTHER dogs UNLESS they were shelties or sheltie mixes. If you wanted to know if a mix had sheltie in it, all you had to do was take Scotty near it.

We had fosters, got more shelties, got a sheltie mix and all was ok. Then hubby called and said there was a little beagle running around his biz and he was sure it had been dropped off.

I picked it up and while trying to find a rescue to take him, Scotty went into the bedroom and did not come out for 5 days. He was having NO part of that NON sheltie.

I have a friend whose dog didn't like other dogs but she wanted another one. I suggested she try him with another beagle. He was fine. And she was able to get a second dog.

Know it sounds weird, but it's worth a try.!

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan