Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie Nation height/weight spreadsheet

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Caro, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Some years ago I created a spreadsheet that members could put their dogs' heights and weights and get an idea of how their dog compares to other shelties of similar size.

Here is the thread from when the spreadsheet was initially set up:
    http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=6765&highlight=spreadsheet

And this thread explains how to measure length:
    http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=10025&highlight=spreadsheet

I have now added a column to put dogs' ages at time of entering and also a separate table for puppies.

So feel free to enter your dogs' details. Instructions are

• Add dogs details at the bottom of the list - don't try to insert a line as we have lost details that way.
    • If you are good with spreadsheets you can sort the list on height then weight (remember the header row) or leave it and I sort the list regularly (and check for errors).
    • If you aren't comfortable entering details just PM me and I'll enter them for you.
    • Don't enter puppy details on the adult list as it skews the averages.
    • If you make a mistake with the spreadsheet PM me immediately - I regularly backup the spreadsheet for those just in case moments.
    It's a Google doc spreadsheet - here's the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hkey=CMr_9-IJ&hl=en_GB&authkey=CMr_9-IJ#gid=0

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I've had to revert to an earlier version of the spreadsheet as quite a bit of data was missing (and I couldn't work out how to retrieve it). So if you have entered data in the last couple of months could you check - you may have to re-enter. Sorry.

I'm hoping I've locked in the avg/median headers now so they don't get sorted too. I've protected those rows, previously they were frozen only. Could someone check for me to make sure it doesn't get sorted with the rest of the data - because I created the sheet it doesn't lock for me?

If you're not comfortable entering details just PM me your dog's details and I'll enter it.

Btw - with puppy data, you can add a single puppy multiple times as they grow so there's an ongoing record at different stages.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    keeping track of puppy growth sounds cool- will do that with next puppy :winkgrin:

4. Beckymman

Beckymman Forums Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    Florida
    I'm not sure how to add my puppy to the list, could you help? Thank you Abby is 19 weeks old.Height: about 10"
    Weight: 5.9 pounds

5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I've added Abby to the list.

6. Beckymman

Beckymman Forums Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    Florida
    Thank you!

7. Beckymman

Beckymman Forums Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    Florida
    I wanted to give you an update on Abby. She's 8 1/2 months. At the vets office yesterday she weighed 7lbs-8oz. Can't get an exact height, about 11 1/2 ". Thanks

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Gosh, she's hardly grown at all, definitely a tiny little thing.

9. Beckymman

Beckymman Forums Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    Florida
    She is small. She has A great appetite & energy. The vet says she's healthy. Her dad is 14" tall & 17 lbs. her mom is 12" tall & 12 lbs. I don't think she'll get any bigger than her mom, if that big. She definitely is A lap dog :)

10. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    My Spirit Joy is 12" and 12 pounds - the perfect pocket sheltie :)