Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sigh! Toby and the stroller- Part 2

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Jams, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    Last night we set off on our nightly walk. This time Toby was having no part of the stroller or walk!! Before we got very far he began yap-yapping at the unfairness of not being able to get out and down (I guess) He squirmed and kept trying to stand up. Shannon and I were going along at a quick pace which I also hoped would deter Toby from thinking he could jump! I watched Toby hanging his head and looking down. I felt sure his sheltie mind was calculating speed, distance, feet per hour...all in preparation for jumping! (I was right)
    SO, I turned around and took him back home. He didn't fuss at all when I put him in his crate, and then Shannon and I continued our walk.
    Hopefully, it was just a bad night. We'll try again tonight!

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    You might do better with a stroller that you can zip closed to be sure Toby stays in. I've had several, all from Amazon, and some really aren't expensive. I've used them when one of the dogs is recovering from surgery and still needs an outing when I walk someone else, and also for my daughter's horse shows when it's convenient to have a safe place to put the dog. Maybe Toby would adapt better if it's more like a crate on wheels! This is one that I've had. It's actually for sale today on a Facebook auction for rescue Shelties for much less than it cost, if you're interested!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032ZXFVG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...8&set=oa.660210447514663&type=3&theater&ifg=1

3. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    Thanks to your great advice I ordered a stroller (on sale) and can hardly wait for it to arrive!!

Ann likes this.