Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Snuffle mats

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Cindy, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Some who have them say they are ok - but the game gets quick too boring
    Many DIY

Personally I think they get too messy over time

Think the dog will think it is more fun - that we pack some packages or hiding the treats around

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I think they’re probably better in shorter scenarios—I know people who use them to help dogs decompress before going into the ring for competition.

I think if I left my dog unattended with it it would get annihilated

Cara Sandler likes this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Gavin is really nice to his toys. We have a kong dispenser for during the day (one pops out every 90 minutes), a large treat ball for when I leave, and I just want anything extra to make his life less boring. I can tell he is bored, but walking more than every day and a half or so REALLY tired him out. Just trying to find a way to spoil my boy more, I guess.

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Hi Cindy, I know it might sound weird... but my COMCAST station carries dog specific programming. I am really surprised how Liam and Baron watch the TV. Apparently, the color is totally modified to a dogs range of color sensitivity. They offer several types of programs that you can test out on your dog to gauge interest. Just a thought...

This toy looks like fun. I have a similar toy for Liam and he loves it...
    Just can't let him have it when I am on a conference call! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

will sign up on roku..hope not too much sound based as Gavin is deaf..

7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I have several puzzle toys that Elise really likes. I tend to feed her her meals in them because it takes longer and it's a nice reprieve for me-- lol!

Favorite: Starmark Treat Dispensing Bob-a-Lot
    I like this one because it's adjustable. So you can adjust based on treat/kibble size, and you can make it harder and easier in two different places.

Kong Gyro Ball
    Second favorite. Can't change the difficulty but it seems to take a while to get all the kibbles out.

Kong Wobbler
    It's a little loud, and pretty easy, but it's a good one to start with if your dog isn't used to doing these sorts of games.

Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Link
    It's a little easy, and I've read that big chewers can destroy it, but my dogs like it. You can also link multiple together to make it harder.

Hope that helps some!

8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

We have the wobbler....not a favorite as Gavin gets the food out too quick!
    The others are similar to his king genius toys he uses.
    The tuff link might be fun to try though :)

9. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I was just thinking that Skylar would eat the whole thing.......

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Sometimes having an old dog is a good thing :)
    So the kong dispenser beeps when it releases them. Poor boy can't hear it, so kong lays on the floor until he happens to wander by.