Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Speaking of Pictures...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Ann, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I was browsing through the items up for auction for one of the Sheltie Rescue groups I follow on Facebook and came across this blanket. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that one of the photos used on the blanket was mine! Of my dogs! From more than 10 years ago! It was one of my first doggie Christmas photos of Checkers, Pixie and Barkley, at the bottom center of the blanket, and I don't even remember ever posting it online. I'm torn between being flattered and annoyed. People using my photos has happened numerous times, always without permission, but this is the first time it's for profit. It's also for sale on eBay by several vendors. Of course I bought one, contributing to the problem....
    Blanket.jpg

KarenCurtis, Darren, Chris and 8 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Wow, I think I'd feel torn as well! But I can well see why you bought it - what a cool blanket!
    Not being on social media the only place I post photos really is here, although maybe it's possible for someone to "lift" a photo from here as well.
    Did you mention it to the rescue group? :uhoh:

Darren, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  3. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    It is a beautiful blanket and at least one of the blankets is being sold by a sheltie rescue group to help support the cost of rescuing...but even so no one should use one of your photos without having gotten your permission.
    Trini

Darren, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 5 others like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    One of the downsides of posting pictures online...
    BTW, no one has better Christmas sheltie pictures than YOU!

Darren, trini, RikyR and 6 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    It is disappointing when you find someone using your pictures but then you do take great pictures Ann!

Darren, trini, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I saw that blanket while browsing but decided I’d rather have one with my shelties……
    Can’t believe someone used your pic without permission:gaah

Piper's mom, Darren, trini and 5 others like this.
  7. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Totally agree Gloria, Ann´s Christmas pic are absolutely amazing ❤️️
    - I look forward to them all year round :winkgrin:

Buuuut, I know someone who comes close :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Piper's mom, Darren, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh my.... Cute blanket, but I would be one contacting someone about the pic.... that is just SO wrong...

They really do an injustice to what they are attempting to do (raise money for the good) when they go about it in wrong way (lifting pics without permission). Ethics, integrity, you know things like that go a long way when you are trying to 'do good'.

All my photos on Facebook are privacy protected, but makes me want to remove all my pics from SN to be safe...

Hanne, Piper's mom, Darren and 3 others like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    As everyone has said Ann you do take theeee best Christmas photos so it always only a matter of time before someone steals them. I suppose at least this is helping a rescue but yeah I can see how annoying it can be, more so when people try to profit off you :mad1:
    This is exactly why I always leave Monty looking messy and neglected in my photos, it stops people wanting to steal..........that's my story and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes2:

ghggp, Margi, Hanne and 6 others like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Smart thinking there Darren;)…but I do recall several pictures where Monty was just bathed…:lol:

Darren, ghggp, Hanne and 3 others like this.