Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Speaking of Pictures...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Ann, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I have no problem with the rescue making money from it, it's the eBay vendors selling the blanket that I object to. I did contact eBay under their copyright policy to notify them...they are supposedly pretty tough about copyright infrigement so we'll see if the listings are pulled. Photographs carry the copyright of the photographer even if they aren't watermarked, so they can't be used legally without permission. I don't mind people sharing them for enjoyment, but I do object to having them used for commercial purposes.

And Darren, I'm afraid Monty is so cute that even Messy Monty would be a draw! :yes:

Darren, ghggp, Hanne and 5 others like this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    still 2 listings for it... one in Canada and one in Vietnam
    when you scroll down on the Canada link, the blankets come from China- then are printed in the USA
    the Vietnam link says made in USA
    really hope that Ebay comes through for you...............

your pic has the top folded over but the top right pic - not even shelties
    blanketshelties.jpg

Darren, Hanne, KarenCurtis and 4 others like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks, those are the two listings I reported. Ebay sent me a form I have to fill out. That's on the to-do list next!

Darren, ghggp, Hanne and 6 others like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I WON! After numerous emails back and forth with eBay and forms filled out, eBay asked me to send them a link to a URL proving it was my photo. I hadn't posted it anywhere in 2010 other than here, but a search of my Forum Albums brought it up. I sent them the link, and they're taking down the listings! Lesson learned....

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So, this brings up a question... how do we protect our photos that are here? Or can we not?

Very happy you won with Ebay!!!!

Darren, ghggp, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Any photo you take carries your copyright, even if it isn't watermarked. But that presumes that you're going to find where it goes when it's pirated. I have no idea how long this blanket has been on the market...the photo is more than 10 years old!

The only deterrent to having your photos stolen is to put a watermark on them. I've started doing that with some, like my Christmas photos. Thieves are much less likely to take a chance with a watermarked photo. Here's an example of last year's Christmas photo with my watermark in the lower right corner.

Card Watermarked.jpeg

7. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Ok,that is adorable, inquiring minds want to know how you got all your pups to cooperate to get that shot?

Congratulations on winning your eBay picture dispute :) :)

Darren, Piper's mom, Ann and 2 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Ann is the Sheltie Whisperer and a Genie with a camera all wrapped up in one awesome lady! Her photos are amazing aren't they?!!

Darren, ghggp, KarenCurtis and 3 others like this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Haha, most of it's just luck and timing, but thanks Ron and Sandy! The secret is once they're all in place (which is the hard part) snap snap snap as fast and as many times as you can before they move. With luck, you'll get one good photo. I started doing Christmas pics for our cards about 10 years ago and it's taken on a life of its own. I'll do a retrospective later this month of my best ones for people who haven't seen them. It's been fun and some of them (like the one below) have even been on TV!

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Congrats on winning the fight! Persistence pays off. And that photo from last year is awesome. Did you mean to post the one that was on TV in your last post? Can't wait to see this year's version!

Darren, ghggp, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.