Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Spitfire's guide to using your bed

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Jan 26, 2019.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Spitfire Esquire here, it has come to my attention that some you need help on proper use of your bed now that it is cold out. Even you filthy puppies should take note as one day you will be Shelties.

You need to place yourself in the center of the longest side and never lengthwise.
    If your sheep thinks he needs to share your bed there is some training you should do. First if you snuggle up lengthwise only do it until you feel your sheep is warm then move. Best is to get up turn and then go butt first in a different spot, oh and grumble a bit as if your sheep did something wrong. For extra points when your sheep first lays down before they get settled lay by their feet and put your head on a foot as a pillow. The sheep will think this is charming and stay in the uncomfortable position. When they finally fold remember to shift and grumble a bit.

Now after you spend some training time it is OK to curl up in a corner for a good nights sleep. In the morning you have to choices. If you need out fast a good session of barking next to your bed usually get the sheep up to serve you. Should that fail you can jump back up for a bit more of a nap. However be sure to curl up next to your sheep's head, butt first. Should you have a good sulfur fart saved up you win extra points. If not grumble and shift as much fir into his face as possible. Now once you get your sheep to obey be sure to grumble and get down slow like you are being put upon.

With a little time you to can control your bed properly until the summer season gets here.

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    :yuckyuck

Eli's got the laying on the feet thing down, and yes, I hate to move because he looks so comfy and it's so cute, so I end up uncomfortable instead!!! Spitfire is such a character. Hopefully he doesn't have too many sulphur farts though! :ick

JacqueZ, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    My mum kicks me in her sleep some nights, so sometimes I'm scared to get too close. But I have to get on the bed - those evil kitties get on the bed and think theyre the boss, and I gotta show them. What I wanna know is how come it's me that gets kicked off the bed and not the kitties.
    Tully

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I tried to own the bed but I gotta deal wit that ornery pup Finnie! He tries to own the bed on me!!! Chithead sleeps on my head, right beside me, on top of me...I can't get away from him! My sheep tries to make him sleep at the foot but when she's asleep Finnie moves. She thinks it's cute but one of these days....
    Piper

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    :yuckyuck Spitfire, you just described Bits, Layla and Beckon! Are you sure you guys didn't go through the same training program? :lol:

jomuir, JacqueZ, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  6. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    My shelties have this technique down pat! They are very good at this, but you forgot to mention, lay right where the sheep want their legs to be. Refuse to move.

7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    This is Cooper. Spitfire, you left off something very important. The thing the sheeps call a "blanket". Now, all us shelties know that "blankets" is warm. Too warm. Our sheep are not smart enough to knows this though. So what you needs to do is to walk really close to the sheep on the slanty part of that blanket. That will help them. Because what it does is- it pulls that hot old blanket right off them. Then they can be cool too. Please take note- your sheep might grumble and growl. But they don't mean it. My sheep has often said, "Gee thanks Cooper." She says it sort of funny though.

8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Being a southern sheltie I don't use beds in the summer Cooper. In the winter I like toasty warm. We don't have the bad water that falls hard from the sky almost ever, I don't like it or winter.

Spitfire Esquire

PS I had a bone last night and did some nibbling right in front of Angus's crate, got to establish who rules the house.

9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Riley here...I pull the blanket off my sheep evry night! I is smart because then I scrunch it up for me:sneaky::ROFLMAO::sneaky::ROFLMAO:!!!
    Mine grumbles too lol hehehe

10. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Dis Oberon. And ifs u has 2 sheeps u must be in between them so you gets cuddles from both.