Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Spring Rally Trial

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so we went to Pensacola this past weekend and Cran competed in Rally.
    the show was with a conformation show so entry fees were a little higher than most local trials. so I only entered Cran in Master, Excellent and Advanced for both days.
    He now has 13 of the 20 Triple Qs for the Rach title. Points are going to take us a while though- you need 150 of the total 300 points to come from the Master class and we have maybe 30.....
    Videos still need to be uploaded but will post them soon.......
    Next rally trial won't be until summer but we do have a few more agility trials to come.....

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Can't wait for my video addiction to be posted! Just LOVE watching and learning!

2GoodDogs and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    tonight.....

2GoodDogs likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WOW< BEST VIDEOS!!!!!!!!
    You can finally see what you are doing and the full course from beginning to end!

WONDERFUL! CRAN was so good!
    At the final run that dog with the shrill bark would have thrown any dog off its game!

You should have seen Liam as he was watching the videos! He seemed really interested!

Good job! Thanks for posting the video... I can only dream of Liam getting to finish his CGC... maybe this year

2GoodDogs, Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thanks- I think I had 3 or 4 people doing the videoing......
    Cran is always so good- he really has good focus in the ring- honestly I don't even remember the dog barking:winkgrin:
    that's good that Liam is interested- you'll get his CGC- practice and practice everywhere:yes:

2GoodDogs and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Wonderful runs, you guys were fantastic! Cranberry has such great focus, you've done a great job training him!
    That WAS a shrill barking dog...Cran never ever gave it a glance lol!
    Finnie is a big time barker (Piper used to be a bit but he seemed to outgrow it) way worse than Piper ever was. He barks on his go outs, when heeling, doing pivots etc...badddddd! So for the past month I've been correcting him when he barks and now when I say no bark he actually listens to me, I may get a little grrr but that's it. I'm very impressed that it's working of course now I just have to teach all three no barking when outside lol.

2GoodDogs and Calliesmom like this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I really can't take all of the credit for Cran's focus- he really did come that way. a little reward here and there just reinforced his natural tendencies......
    Cran barks more in the rally ring than the obedience ring but we've only done novice (beginner and preferred)- not sure what will happen in Open when we get there.....

2GoodDogs likes this.
  10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    You both look fantastic, beautiful tight work.

I hadn't realised Cran was so big, or maybe it's because I've been watching Crufts and those British dogs are so small.

Btw - what are the acronyms? I thought RM was masters, RE excellent, don't know about RA but then how could you do all three in one day. Been some years since I did rally and I've forgotten.

2GoodDogs and Calliesmom like this.