Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sweet Pepper is being spayed today

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by jomuir, May 11, 2020.

1. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    And I’m on pins & needles until she’s home. She’s been making strides in potty training too, we removed the pad from the bathroom because she hasn’t used it there lately and no accidents. We’ve been taking her out alone on lead a lot and she’s been able to focus and go. Also have caught her about to potty on the pad in the kitchen and able to hustle her outside to go. Fingers crossed we’re in the home stretch of potty training and that the spay will contribute to it. I wonder if hormones raging are making it more difficult? She’s been a bratty teenager a lot recently. So sassy! So full of herself! And talking about everything, pure Sheltie bark bark BARK.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I know that being on pins and needles feeling....it will be a very long day for you but she'll be fine and home before you know it, back to barking and making you crazy trying to keep her quiet for a week! Sending good thoughts for both of you. Let us know when she's done. :hugs

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    It is so hard to leave them at the vet's office! She will do great though, as Ann said keeping her quiet at home is when the real fun begins!

KarenCurtis, Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Wishing Pepper a speedy recovery!!

5. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Good luck Pepper! I'm sure you'll be just fine. I found the whole thing with Willow less troublesome than I had expected.

6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Thinking of you both!

7. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    It's super hard when you have to leave them behind. Let us know when she's back home safe and little Monty and I will be thinking of you and sending best wishes!

KarenCurtis, jomuir and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    How is Pepper today?

9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Hoping Pepper did well yesterday. It's always so hard to leave them in someone else's care!
    Is she home now or did she stay overnight?

10. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    Hi everyone sorry for the late reply! The patient is doing great. She came home at 4 pm from surgery wide awake, alert and acting like nothing happened. Have never seen a dog recover that well from surgery & anesthesia! The only thing I noticed is she hesitated to poop, her tummy must be sore obviously. Here’s a pic from today, she has her cone off since she’s outside with us on a lead we are keeping her on lead due to her hobby of running 100 mph to the back fence and flinging herself at it while barking like a lunatic at her frenemy Sam the shi tsu :biggrin2: