Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Taking it for granted

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jan 25, 2021.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I know Shelties are pretty dogs but I don't always have that in mind on a day to day basis. I come here and see lots of wonderfully lovely dogs. Today we were walking in the winter sunshine, the temperature hovering around freezing and twice we got stopped by Willow admirers.

When we're walking we step off the path to let people and other dogs go past us. Twice today groups stopped to express their admiration, one saying she was the prettiest dog they'd seen and the other remarking on her beauty too and said we must spend a lot of time grooming her ( I don't do it nearly enough, LOL). Most often I'm concentrating on the clown, the mischief-maker, or cuddler and not thinking about the beautiful princess she is. It seems it takes someone else's eyes to see her clearly. Here she is as both clown and cuddler as she stole my spot the minute I got up to go to the kitchen a few minutes ago.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-F3wth9p/0/39495dc9/X3/IMG_3483-X3.jpg

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Well, I guess it's true we become used to our Shelties' beauty after a while. Starting with our first, we have always been stopped by admiring people, male and female, young and old. It's even more pronounced when you have 3! I've had people stop their car in the street to holler out the window. And Miss Meadow ups it all to another level. Some of it is because she is a puppy, but there is just an aura about her - I think she would have been an amazing, eye-catching show dog. Even my retired vet who is not one to gush said, "She's really got that extra something".

Willow seems to also have an extra wow factor to her - I'm sure it's her lovely personality shining through, even if she is a couch hog! (I got a hard stare from Faith last night when I "mistakenly" sat on her corner of the couch......) :uhoh: :lol:

Hanne, Sandy in CT, RikyR and 6 others like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    A princess needs her throne!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow agrees with you, 100%. She is also ecstatic about the weather forecast which issued a snowfall warning. They are predicting a half-foot of snow falling tomorrow starting early in the morning.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    ghggp, Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    They are show stoppers. Or traffic stoppers...
    I get the "your dogs are so beautiful" all the time on walks, and the one that kills me is "Oh you take such good care of them--they always are so well groomed." And I'm looking down at dirty Shelties saying Oh thank you so much! LOL

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Willow doesn’t look the least bit guilty either!
    I get that all the time too! Just yesterday we were at a small local hardware store and a lady was remarking how beautiful...just beautiful Piper and Finnie were...I thought gee, you should see them when they’re brushed:ROFLMAO:!

Hanne, ghggp, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I'd be walking with Layla in Leesburg, and she'd stop traffic.

8. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I also get that remark very often - "How beautiful it is"

I also think it myself - :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    especially when we walk where she runs free and
    she comes running down to me at full speed :hugs