Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Teddy

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Teddy bear, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Teddy bear

Teddy bear Forums Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    Massachusette
    Hi!

I’ve been the happy owner of 6 shelties since 1989! All my shelties have passed, except my last two...Teddy and his older brother, Cody..(same parents, different litters). Cody, 10, is a wonderful dog, but likes to do his own thing. Since two months old, My other boy, Teddy, snuggled with me all the time, followed me everywhere. He was my shadow, my little guy. I held conversations all the time with him..lol! If I was reading, he’d push the book down with his paw, and demand cuddles...no reading for me. Most nights he was on the bed near my feet. He was turning 8 September 6th. He hurt his leg, took him to the vet, and it was thought he sprained his leg. After not getting better and wincing in pain, more tests were run. Turns out he had bone cancer!! And bladder cancer, and stomach cancer!!! My husband and I were shocked and devastated!! How could a dog who’s running and playing in June, having fun with us, be dead the end of July??!!!

My baby , gone in one weekend! My adult kids are so sad, especially my son. He can barely function lately.
    I’ve done nothing but cry. His brother looks for him. My daughter’s Golden Retriever, 2, went into every room looking for his buddy. I don’t know how I am ever going to recover from this....my husband adamant about no more dogs!! His heart can’t take it. I don’t want another dog, just him!!

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Hello and welcome to the Forums. I'm so sorry your introduction here is on the loss of your precious Teddy. He sounds like a true heart dog and I certainly understand how you feel. Most of us here have been through a similar experience; it's never easy to recover from the loss of the special ones, especially when they're gone as suddenly as Teddy. I lost my first Sheltie the same way, who was my heart dog too, so I can relate.

It's also hard to go from a multi-Sheltie house to just one, on both you and your remaining pup. Of course you will never replace Teddy, but hopefully your husband will reconsider eventually. In the meantime, our condolences. Feel free to post a tribute to Teddy in our Sheltie Angels section. Sending you hugs.

ghggp likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I too am so saddened at your loss of your dear heart dog Teddy!

Ann said it perfectly and eloquently.

Virtual hugs to you and your family. We love that you joined the fourum but sadden at the loss of Teddy.

Please know we all understand and feel your pain. Please do create a Sheltie Angel memorial.

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    My heart just aches for you. There is nothing that is quite as devastating as the loss of a beloved Sheltie.

5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I am so sorry to read about your loss of your Teddy.

It is so hard and really hurts our heart - that we can hardly understand it.

One day you will probably think back and see it was good that it went so fast,

Seeing your beloved Teddy to suffer the rest of his life would be terrible,
    now he was a happy dog until the last and you was happy ignorant until the end.

6. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    The loss of our fur children weighs so heavily on our hearts. I truly feel for you with the loss of your Teddy. Hopefully in time, his memory will give you a lasting joy.

7. Lexi

Lexi Forums Regular

May 1, 2015
    Europe
    I'm so sory for the loss of your Teddy. I lost my dog 2.8 so only one week ago in a terrible accident and he was just 5 years old. All life was still ahead of us. Dogs give such love to us but when they die they leave a terrible sadness.

Hanne likes this.