Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Thanksgiving: I have officially lost my mind

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Chris, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I'm having a big Thanksgiving. Our family, plus three Shelties and a Papillion and a cat. My friend Jessica, plus one Collie and three Shelties (one's a puppy). My friend Linda, plus her Sheltie. Marshall, whose poodles aren't invited. And there's a strong possibility we'll have Toshiro and Kiyomi, too. In case you've lost count, that's six humans and eleven dogs. :eek2:

I figure it'll take an hour or so for the pack to align. Beckon may have to go upstairs for a while because Octavian the Collie is not neutered either. I figure it's just going to be happy, nuts, chaotic and memorable. Stay tuned, friends! :pop

2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Chris, I really look forward to pictures of that! One Christmas we went to my Mom’s and we had 9 dogs, a Cocker Spaniel, Shih Tzu, 2 Chihuahuas, a border Collie, a mix breed, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, a mixed breed, and a Norfolk Terrier. They all got on fine except that the Border Collie was blind and constantly was walking into some of the dogs especially the smaller ones who didn’t appreciate it. lol Good luck I think it will be fun! :)

Chris, Hanne, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Fun!!!!! Bet it's loud at your place - best house on the block for a rousing game of ding-dong ditch! :)

And pics of the whole crew are a definite!!!

5. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Well, I am positive you're going to have some very interesting stories to tell. You are way, way braver than me.

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Our friend who does Collie rescue, and who currently has NINE :eek2: always has an "orphans" Thanksgiving, and dogs are not only invited, they are mandatory! :biggrin2: He says his goal is more dogs than people. Last year it was 23 people and 18 dogs, so close. Strangely, there has never been an aggression issue. There are some labs and terriers in the mix, too. Two of the Collies are double merles, blind and deaf.

I think your gathering sounds like fun, Chris, and hopefully all the dogs will do well.

Chris, Hanne, KarenCurtis and 2 others like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck

Chris, KarenCurtis and Piper's mom like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WOW, now that is IMPRESSIVE...
    You never cease to amaze me with your giving and open heart and home!!

Yep, pictures, videos are a must for this gathering...

9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I bet everyone has a great time! I too want to see pictures and video. I know yesterday we had 4 dogs while watching the football game. Us hoomans were louder than the dogs:ROFLMAO:!

Chris and KarenCurtis like this.
  10. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    If we lived closer I'd invite myself over with Sandstorm and Minnie, lol!