Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Thanksgiving: I have officially lost my mind

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Chris, Nov 18, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Probably not the poodles' fault. My two boys before Willow were standard poodles, one apricot, one silver. They were lovely dogs and were quicker than Willow in learning housebreaking. Still, WIllow was easier to deal with as her accidents were small and far between. So although it took her longer to be completely reliable she actually made less mess in the house.

Sharon7 likes this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Cran loves that Pom too:yes:

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    My favorite Thanksgiving story... Years ago was at a friend's family's horse ranch. They had a lab and a weimeraner. They put out a cheeseball and crackers....You know where this is going......Gavin was perfect! But the weimeraner was not and got the cheeseball. Someone yelled "no, Beverly! drop!". And so she did. Gavin being shorter than her was positioned directly underneath to grab the cheeseball without it hitting the ground. After all, it's not like anyone was going to eat it :)

Darren, GlennR, corbinam and 6 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    :yuckyuck

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    :yuckyuck Right place, right time!

Christmas story... we have a cat with a fruit fetish. We raise strange pets here, yes, our doxie Kooper believes lettuce is a special treat and runs off with leaves of it like he has received something precious and guards it as he savors every bite. Anyway, we had hubby's work group here and someone brought along an Edible Arrangement. Sam, our Siamese, helped himself to it and was caught nibbling away by a co-worker who just loves him and all animals. She served it to the group and never said a word.... :)

6. HikerDog

HikerDog Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2019
    This Thanksgiving we had five dogs at the house (two puppies - our 5mo Toby and a 7mo French Bulldog) and it was pretty fantastic! More dogs than people seems to be the way to go :lol:

I also have a Bearded Dragon who gets fed lettuce on the daily. Toby always sits and waits right next to me to receive some "precious" lettuce - he's obsessed with it lol!

Darren and Hanne like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    All of my shelties love lettuce- I buy Romaine or leaf lettuce so I can give them the outer parts........

Chris likes this.
  8. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Our cat loves cantaloupe. He likes to lick watermelon, but devours cantaloupe. He also likes peanut butter filled pretzels.

Chris likes this.