Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

That Thing You Do

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Margi, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I think it was Chris's vid of Bitsy with the ball that started me thinking about this. Every dog I've ever had did one thing no other dog did that melted my heart, or made me go Awww every time, or is so cute or funny I always give in to whatever he wants.
    Koko gets on the bed, roots and snoots under my husband's pillow, then lays on his side facing me and we play "feet fight". Fillion goes under the desk when I'm sitting here cross legged and if he wants me to do something he baps my foot with his paw, repeatedly, until I start laughing and get up. In the morning when I'm getting ready for walk, I sit on the floor in my closet to put on my shoes and socks. Benson walks between my legs, rears up and places a paw on each shoulder, and proceeds to kiss my face all over. This gets me laughing so hard I fall back on the floor, with him now on my chest, still kissing me to death! LOL
    I would love to get a pic or vid of these things but I can't figger out how to do that. Guess seared in memory may have to do.
    Do your guys have a "thing"?

(Thread title unabashedly lifted from a favorite Tom Hanks movie!)

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    That's all so precious!! I would love to see it!

KarenCurtis, Wendy C and Margi like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    How sweet and adorable images you paint. No matter what, these little quirky things our beloved shelties do endear them more to us each day! They make us smile and laugh at their silly antics. They lighten our heart and make each day special.

Beau and little Jasmine (who has passed) loves to jump on the sofa and proceed to burrow under the pillows with their snout and flip pillows around. So adorable!

KarenCurtis, JacqueZ, Wendy C and 2 others like this.
  4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu likes to feet fight on the couch while I try to rub his belly. Sometimes that results in a case of the zoomies. Silly boy!

Ann, JacqueZ, Wendy C and 3 others like this.
  5. HikerDog

HikerDog Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2019
    Toby is still young so I feel like his personality is still coming out but whenever I'm cooking and he wants attention, he'll come over and poke the back of my leg with his nose then lay down and stare at me until I say something to him haha!

Ann, JacqueZ, Wendy C and 4 others like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Minnie has so many funny "things"
    but for your sake and my English it can only turn into these :winkgrin:

She can stand and stare at me - so I feel so guilty and think "what have I now forgotten?"

When we are on walks she can suddenly
    -poke the side of my leg with his nose - when i look down she goes "free on foot"?? english
    -then she thinks : "I definitely deserved a treat" - her tongue licking around her mouth :wink2:

That is whether she runs free without leash or free in leash.
    it works - mom can't resist - a treat is coming :ROFLMAO:

Ann, JacqueZ, RikyR and 6 others like this.
  7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Well, Clarabelle. Her diva moves crack me up. But she is our adventurous girl. We can walk her down the street and she must look into every window. People watch her and laugh.

Cooper howls me awake every morning. And during the day, as you pet him, he gets so excited he can't hold it in. He fights it, there are Chewbacca noises, and HOWL!

Rocket sings with me.

Tara- She will crawl up your chest for pets. Then she'll pull away a little bit, look into your eyes, and then flop over for belly rubs. And as you rub her belly, she nibbles her left leg. Always her left leg.

Cassie gets so excited to see you that as she tap dances her excitement, her butt often wiggles so much it touches her head! And she's my cuddle bug. Every morning and night, she's right there on my feet.

JacqueZ, Hanne, RikyR and 6 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Every morning, Brodie needs his 'scritches' time before pee! He weaves tightly around and around and around my legs, I scratch/itch him roughly all over to get all those morning itchies out and he always lingers a bit so I can give special attention to his bubble-butt and so I can tell him how much I love his bubble-butt.

I was thinking this morning, when it was fairly chilly out early, that I have created a winter-time nightmare! Ah well... I still love my little bubble-butt!

Ann, Piper's mom, JacqueZ and 6 others like this.
  9. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Everyone's special times are so adorable, they are totally melting my heart. Mango does the climbing up on my chest thing in the morning as well, and she just stares as if seeing me each day is the best thing in the world. Honey will put her chin on whichever surface I'm on...chair, couch, bed, and make little grumping noises when she wants something. The funniest thing with her is when she's really feeling spunky though, and she'll pop up behind whatever you're on, and then just laugh at you, as if she's told the best joke in the world. (which she has, she has all the funniest jokes)

Ann, Hanne, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  10. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow has a lot of quirky behaviors, no doubt because all genius comes with a bit, or a lot, of idiosyncrasies and Shelties are really smart. In the morning she has two that make me laugh. She won't go downstairs to have breakfast or to go out into the garden until I get out of bed and dressed. When her mom opens her crate door, she hops on the bed and just cuddles against me until I get up. Her mom doesn't appreciate this behavior at all.

When I am making breakfast in the kitchen, she gets behind me and shoves her head between my legs. She moves with me around the kitchen until it's all done. She seems to get a kick out of it as she pretends to herd me. She always gets a couple of berries and the end of a banana when we've topped our cereal with fruit. Maybe she thinks she has to work for that.

This morning in the kitchen, pardon the camera work but it's hard to film backward between your legs. :)
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...908310026-355996995226380693-IMG_2005-640.mp4