Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The bond is still strong

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Not too many Monty posts lately as we've not really been out much due to me getting Covid then trying to catch up on lost time from isolating. Monty is still is naughty none stop in the house but it's the same things that I've mentioned before, I've just learned to live with them :lol:. I got a 3d puzzle to complete while I was stuck at home with covid and about 3 days in Monty ate 5 of the cardboard pieces so I couldn't complete it. I had it on my desk but should have known he would find a way to climb up :rolleyes2: haha.

Anyways just a few pics to show that although he's getting older his friendship with Mr B is still strong. Sheepy makes a guest appearance when Monty wants to play rough but Mr B still finds a way to be with him all day!

Monty412.jpg

My balloons are still in place to stop him jumping into the door :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Monty410.jpg

Ready for walkies

Monty413.jpg

Not happy after losing his freedom for running into my neighbors home when I was isolating

Monty414.jpg

KarenCurtis, Wendy C, Hanne and 12 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Monty's loyalty to Mr. B. is heartwarming...unfortunately he is just as loyal to causing mischief!!! But you got to love that little lad...we all do...of course we are not the ones who have to actually put up with all his naughty adventures...we just get to enjoy them second hand!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Trini

Darren, Hanne, Ron Atkinson and 4 others like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    BFF! Monty takes the Forever part seriously!
    He is so darn cute.

Darren, Hanne, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Awww thanks for the sweet pictures of naughty Monty:lol:! Your jigsaw puzzle trouble sounds much like ours...we were missing 5 pieces! I found one of them chewed up in the living room. Needless to say we won’t be making that one again! I think Blueberry is the female version :ROFLMAO:...although maybe not quite as bad as Monty...yet lol!

Darren, Hanne, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    It looks like you've finally got his number on most levels, Darren! The balloons, the gate...whatever works! I'm sure Monty just wanted to help you with the puzzle... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Love the pictures! He is just too darn cute! I think he and Mr. B are the definition of BFFs!

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    How can you not love that precious little guy!

I remember when you pleaded with the vet's office to allow Mr. B to comfort Monty when he was in ICU. Although they said NO initially when he eventually was allowed to be reunited the staff was shocked at his reaction. He LOVES Mr. B and will NEVER be parted! Just heartwarming.

I have never owned a dog that was so attached to one toy. Just wish that toy company would take advantage of such a bond... You could at least earn some coin to offset the destruction Monty has caused! :ROFLMAO:;):happy:

Thanks for the pictures!

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    All's well in Monty's world when Mr. B is nearby. His devotion to Mr. B is just astounding, like Linus with his comfort blanket! Thanks for the cute photos Darren. Although he is "high-maintenance" we all love Monty, your family, and all the adventures.

Darren, Hanne, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Glad you are doing better, Monty is soooo darn cute. Everyone is right, we all love Monty, and his adventures with you and your family. Monty and Mr. B are adorable together. I have never seen a bond between a dog and a toy, like Monty and Mr. B
    Thanks for sharing him with us, it always brings a smile to my face . You are an awesome Dad to Monty. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    Darren, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    So glad you're over the Covid. No fun -- had it twice now! I'm certain that Monty saw you concentrating so hard on the puzzle and decided it must be food because who would be so focused on something you couldn't eat? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Darren, Hanne, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  10. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I love Monty updates. :)

Darren, Wendy C, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.