Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The canned pumpkin search!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Oct 4, 2020.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It seems the grocery stores are out of canned pumpkin again! Panic! My dogs get a heaping tablespoon at dinner. I found some on amazon, $30.00 for 6 cans! Nope, not doing that! Little did I know that Petco has canned pumpkin, 12 cans for $20.00! I bought it, not a bad price even with shipping. It's the same thing as the canned pumpkin I buy in the store. So I guess you can use the pumpkin for pets in your baking. I wonder how many people without pets know this, maybe I'll put a sign up "Buy at Petco" at the grocery store empty pumpkin shelf. What do you think?

Darren, Piper's mom and DianeP like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I’ve had trouble finding it too for a few weeks. I bought 6 cans on eBay! I read that there is no shortage, they’re just late getting this year’s crop into stores. Since this isn’t the first time it’s happened, I stock up when I see it every year but I’m running low. My dogs get it every day too. Great info about Petco! Thanks, Karen!

Darren, Piper's mom and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    also stocked up- can't be without......

4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Had this problem a few years ago. I was shocked there was no pumpkin in the store! So the next fall I bought like a zillion cans when it was on sale for like $.79. Canned food lasts a loooong time.

Sharon7, Darren, Ann and 3 others like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I had the exact same problem for two months now! Bought on Amazon for an inflated price. Three of my local grocery stores have been out of stock! Finally found it at a local Meijer store! Got 24 cans!!! Used the pickup service.

Sharon7, Darren, Margi and 3 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Great tip Karen! No shortage here, I bought 3 cans a week ago because they were on sale for 2.50... they're never that cheap here!

Darren, Ann and KarenCurtis like this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Guys, really?:ROFLMAO: I have to laugh. A very modern dilemna, can't believe you buy it over the internet!

In Australia we don't have such a thing as canned pumpkin - we actually have to cook it ourselves!

RikyR, Sharon7, Piper's mom and 5 others like this.
  8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'm not cooking anything!

Hanne, RikyR, Caro and 4 others like this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Hey, if I can't Prime it, it doesn't exist! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RikyR, Caro, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh my!!! Can’t imagine having to do it myself!

Caro, Piper's mom, Ann and 2 others like this.