Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The countdown is on!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Caro, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh this is great, so happy for you. Any chance you can give the kitty something to calm her down before your drive? My dear departed Mario also yelled in the car all the way to the vet's office, a whole 20 minutes, and I can't imagine 15 hours of that! Anyway, safe journey home and sorry you need to return again but hopefully it will go much quicker clearing and selling the home.

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 5 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Glad you’ll finally be able to return home!

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I really, really wish there was something to give her. I've tried all the stuff the cat vet recommended but it didn't work. She gets terribly car sick too. After the trip down she screamed so much she got laryngitis and couldn't squeak for a week (she's a Burmese so squeaks rather than meows). Cats and cars, gah.

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh, Caro… FINALLY…
    Homeward bound!!!
    So ecstatic for you.
    Wishing you safe travels!

Caro, Darren, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    It was a long drive but we finally made it. Tully has slept most of the time and Kismet is pretty bored as it's raining.

I forgot what a mess I left the house in my rush, and there's tons of out of date food. I have a potato crop in the pantry cupboard - figured I may as well plant it and see what comes up!

I was pretty shocked to find all my pot plants dead (I had thousands of dollars worth, ready for landscaping), my front door wide open and the screen door unlocked - got to be more careful who I ask to take care of things!

But my worst fear of being away so long was realised - my house has been taken over by Huntsmans. And if you don't know why I'm so scared and scarred, just google them. One big one is racing around the loungeroom ceiling rearing it's front legs, which probably means it's a female that has laid eggs. Gaaaah,

On the road
    246714972_10227735501195265_4502741934781813158_n.jpg

6. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Oh Caro, that is certainly not the happy homecoming you had hoped for. I am not a fan of spiders and can't imagine coming back to my home to find it literally full of them. :(
    Your doggie kids look like good travelers in the picture and I am sure once you have the house cleared out of nasty intruders they will be happy to be home. At least the long drive is safely past you.
    Trini

Sandy in CT, Hanne, Darren and 4 others like this.
  7. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I am glad you all made it home safely :) Am very sorry to hear about your house. Just take your time, you will get it back to were you want it. Being away so long can make things a challenge sometimes.

Sandy in CT, Hanne, Darren and 4 others like this.
  8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I am all in on hating those. I know they are benign but !@#$#@$@# spiders in general and they should NEVER be that big. Oh and you spelled BBQ wrong...

Sandy in CT, Hanne, Darren and 5 others like this.
  9. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Unfortunately not all sub species of this spider are benign and their venomous bite can cause some pretty nasty symptoms in both humans and animals. :(( And the females, if they have laid eggs, are very aggressive in defending those eggs...so not a nice intruder at all!
    Trini

Sandy in CT, Hanne, Darren and 3 others like this.
  10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I had not nice at Spider. HATE them. I might have to burn the house down....

Sandy in CT, Darren, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.