Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The Dog Who Will Eat Anything

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Cara Sandler, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I was literally JUST posting on someone else's thread that my younger sheltie, Skylar, will eat anything. Literally anything. And........she strikes again. After finishing her dinner from her lickimat, she immediately proceeded to tear off a corner, chew it up and swallow it. Thankfully, since she will eat anything, she also thought that the teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide was delicious and she drank it right up without me having to syringe it down her throat. And in case you're wondering, it works astonishingly fast. Less than a minute later she vomited her entire dinner, including the chewed off corner of the lickimat. Seriously, this dog will eat ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! She's got to be setting some kind of record for the most bizarre things consumed....... This is the same dog who had stomach surgery in December to remove the corn cob chunk that she snatched off the sidewalk - while on a 4 foot leash! This dog just blows my mind. And yes - thankfully she has health insurance.

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Cara, oh my... talk about a little garbage disposal! Good think your caught her in the act!!!

Cara Sandler likes this.
  3. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I didn't want to hijack your thread - but seriously, I can't believe she did this!!!!!! Thankfully I already know she's not trustworthy and monitor her when she has ANYTHING. Oh, and she has also managed to splinter a cow hoof in half. Yup, she's a 15 pound sheltie with the bite force of a Nile Crocodile!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Holy Insinkerator, Batman! That's impressive!
    And since she is ok, I have to ask--
    Does she beep when she backs up? :hilarious::spitoutdummy:

ghggp and Cara Sandler like this.
  5. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    She doesn't. But she should!!!!! I am still sitting here shaking my head. She's very lucky that she's adorable and as sweet as can be.

ghggp and Margi like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Holy cow, she's as bad as a Lab, LOL. I had a minor heart attack when I found out that Eli decided to rip up the soft gel pad (like you put in front of a stove or sink to stand on in comfort) which was in his crate under a thick bath mat. Had only been gone to the gym and market, 2 hours max and came home to that, was left wondering if he ate any of it, but thankfully not. He's now on the hard plastic with only a bath mat for comfort - I feel bad but I don't want to pay for stomach surgery!!

Yep the hydrogen peroxide works fast and well. had to use it a couple of times on Asta and Ally years ago.
    Sure makes you wonder what on earth they are thinking!! :no:

ghggp and Cara Sandler like this.
  7. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I'm fairly certain that Skylar would eat a bath mat too......

8. Chris

Chris Forums Celebrity

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Annie Laurie would hoover up anything food-wise, but not inedibles. Layla, on the other hand, tried to eat a pair of pantyhose when she was a puppy. Removal looked like a magic trick -- it just kept coming and coming. She got a whole leg down!!

Margi and mimiretz like this.
  9. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Now THAT is impressive! Thankfully I don't even own a pair of pantyhose!!!!!!

10. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    And today - Skylar somehow managed to remove the entire marrow of her LARGE goat horn and started crunching on it. Thankfully I was watching and immediately took it away. But seriously, a goat horn???? That's 6 inches long, 2 inches thick, and shaped in a curve? How in WORLD did she manage to do that??????