Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The Doodle craze

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Sharon7, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    We mentioned doodle crosses in Glenn's post about popular breeds, but I just had to post separately after meeting yet ANOTHER crazy combo. A Bordadoodle - Border Collie and Poodle. OMG. This adorable fluffy black and white puppy absolutely dragged his owner over to see me after I said "Oh how cute" when I saw them. I said "What kind of doodle is he?" and I admit was kinda stunned at the answer.

His owner, a petite and thin lady already knows she's got her hands full. She said he loves people but is just "so, so energetic" . Well yeah, uh.... that would be the BC part. She seemed a bit overwhelmed and this dog is only 4 months old. SIGH. It just seems like a situation ripe for disappointment on both of their parts!

Hope I'm not being too pessimistic. But if I EVER meet a Sheltie/poodle cross I'm really gonna keel over... ;)

KarenCurtis, RikyR, Wendy C and 5 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Omg Sharon…don’t temp fate by even mentioning a Sheltie cross! I can’t imagine a BC/Poodle cross…these ByB’s must stay awake late into the night thinking of all the messed up crosses that irregardless of their personality would make a cute puppy!

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Here's one for you. Yesterday I was having Mohs surgery on my face to remove some skin cancer. The surgeon, knowing I'm a dog person, was regaling me with stories about his family's new Bernadoodle while he was cutting. A cross between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a MINI poodle!
    Since he was holding the knife, I refrained from saying "So you have a mutt..." :gaah

4. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    . I haven’t met a Sheltie/Poodle, yet... But yesterday I was at the beach and some people saw Kip, asked if he was a Sheltie. They told me they used to have a Sheltie and they bred it to a poodle, to create “Shoodles”. I was screaming inside, but fortunately I was wearing a mask so they couldn’t tell.

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    LOL truly a "better part of valor is discretion" moment!

(I might have been willing to take a hit if it wasn't on my face...LOL)

6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    OMG, I DON"T understand the designer dog thing..... My SIL has 2 something doodles, aged now so prob one of the original mutts. In Canada, she paid more for one of hers than we did a pair of our dogs whose pedigrees I researched. One is a nasty, one person, neurotic dog and the other required thousands in treatments cuz her female parts weren't correct. I am SO against designer dogs/overpriced mutts!

Ann, I completely respect your ability to keep your mouth shut, except (this is so bad.... and NOT fair of me) your mouth was numb.... :)

I will say, my neighbors decided to breed their Akitas; getting married and it's 'going to be a big one' so of course, why NOT breed your two dogs that you think are fantastic! Yesterday 9 puppies were born... So, do I have a backyard neighbor with 11 massive dog? I guess she didn't get 'the code' so not sure if they can be registered. Asking 1400 if they can't get, 2K if they can.... to pay for their wedding. Hey, elope? They older I get, the less tolerant I can be toward some things. I am 'getting' the old and crotchety thing! It's more a lack of understanding of the younger generation and the weird ways they go about things...... :)

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Wow...your neighbours are selfish to bring 9 poor puppies into the world just to pay for their wedding. Glad they don’t live next to me lol!

8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Nope name is taken
    shoodle.jpg

KarenCurtis, RikyR, Margi and 6 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    KarenCurtis and Sandy in CT like this.
  10. DianeP

DianeP Premium Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    My sister tells me her neighbors recently got a BC/poodle X. It’s getting bigger now and knocking their young child around.:(

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.