Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The fifth season

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Mar 18, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't know about where you live but where Willow and I are, there are five seasons. I'm sure you know four of them and if you live in a place like us, you know all of them.
    1. Summer
    2. Autumn
    3. Winter
    4. Mud
    5. Spring
    Yup, everywhere the snow melts it leaves a patch of mud. Little dogs and mud go together like peanut butter and jelly and they are just as hard to separate. I have extra mats at the doors, paw-cleaning brushes and towels to dry her chest and belly.

On the plus side with her outer coat, she sheds the dirt fairly easily compared to the poodles that we had where their hair got tangled and filthy just by them looking out the window. I brush her on the grooming table a couple of times a day. We both enjoy that time, she often just rolls onto her back to have her belly done.

Ann and Calliesmom like this.
  2. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    I know those seasons very well. I am tired of the mud season already and it just started. Shelby really needs a bath but I figure I will wait until it dries up a little. Hopefully it will not be a repeat of last year where it rains almost every day.

Calliesmom likes this.