Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The great breakfast thief

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I noticed Monty acting suspiciously next to the dinner table so had a look. The girls had left a chair out and a bowl on the table that he had decided he wanted. He knew if he jumped up when I was next to him he would get lifted down so I went to the other side od the room, pressed record and pretended not to look. He walked over to me to make sure I was busy and then made his move :lol:. Nothing is safe with Monty the climber, now I have a bowl to clean :rolleyes2:

Hanne, RikyR, ghggp and 9 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Monty should meet up with Kooper, our small standard doxie - they'd make a great pair! We leave NOTHING on our table once the meal is complete. Even a napkin left means he pushes chairs away from the table and gets on it to determine if the item left is edible - most items, btw, ARE considered edible to doxies. At least Monty sneaks - it shows he knows it is wrong - even if he still does it. Ours is blatent, could care less...

Monty does look very pretty up there on that white table cloth. He is coordinated so very well with his surroundings - camouflaged food attack!

RikyR, Darren, Ann and 2 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Monty rules!!!

Hanne, Darren, Ann and 2 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    :lol: Sneaky little devil, eh? Love that he checked first that you were preoccupied and wouldn't stop him. What a cheeky little guy. Gotta love him though.

RikyR, Darren, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  5. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon doesn't climb. However, we have a really nice cherry wood dining table that we keep covered with a tablecloth, mostly because the cat likes to be up there and we don't want it scratched. If there's anything even remotely edible (including empty wrappers, even foil) Oberon will pull the tablecloth off so whatever it is that he's after falls on the floor. We found out about this unique "talent" of him when we left a Boston cream pie I had made for Lee's birthday on a cake stand in the middle of the table. Then we heard a crash and found Oberon eating as much cake as he could, with shattered glass all around him, and the tablecloth puddled on the floor. Fortunately he wasn't hurt by the glass.

Hanne, RikyR, Darren and 6 others like this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Wow..while you were in the same room! Gavin would at least wait until I wasn't home to be that naughty.

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    very brazen and very Monty:yes::winkgrin:

Darren, Sharon7 and Sandy in CT like this.
  8. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Behavior wise, Monty and Willow are just miles apart. Willow won't even open doors that are partially ajar unless encouraged to do so, in spite of being a chowhound she doesn't steal from her food container even though it is on an open shelf that's only a foot off the ground.

I get a kick out of your Monty stories but I'm content with Willow being less of a handful. You're a good guy rescuing the little chap. I think you may be declared a saint one day. :ROFLMAO:

RikyR, Darren, Piper's mom and 4 others like this.
  9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Hahahah! Never underestimate the power of the sheltie mind!

RikyR, Darren, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm always impressed by ways our dogs try to out-think us, and are frequently successful! Some of them are scary smart; others are just shameless. Monty is both! It's a good thing we don't let them all get together, they'd probably take over the world. :sneaky: I could see Monty leading the charge with an army of Broccolis and a herd of Shelties!

Hanne, RikyR, Darren and 4 others like this.